12OZ CRIBS - ABC/RENTAL/SUPERBOJANGLES FUNKOCITY EDITION

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

In stark contrast to Drue's sweet home, I'll share with you my humble, semi dilapidated winter home.

It's the old chalet that they let go to shit, but me and another dude have been fixing it up. I'll try to find the old pictures of before we lived here so it looks heaps better, but still shit in comparison to normal livng.

We spent the first year we were here making the place water proof again. Replacing thirty foot tin sheets and about fifteen tubes of silicone and caulking because they for some reason think that putting screws in the troughs instead of ribs is a good idea on this mountain on EVERY tin roof.

This season we've made it warm. Insulated almost every exterior wall again, because it had fallen out/gotten full of holes.

We've had to "reallocate" all of our supplies from other spots on the mountain so nothing looks very nice right now, but next season we're going to be doing the cosmetic shit to make it looks nice.

anyways here's my cabin on the side of a mountain:

Front entrance way. come february there's usually three or four steps left above the snow line.

IMG_1169.jpg

mudroom

IMG_1168.jpg

front entrance way/where we'll eventually have a dining table behind the half wall.

IMG_1161.jpg

Living room

IMG_1160.jpg

The kitchen

IMG_1162.jpg

Beer fridge/small freezer/veggie fridge/deep freeze (there used to be a couple hundred or so cups, plates, pans, pots, bowls etc from the old chalet days which we had fun trowing out at the pit)

IMG_1163.jpg

our cabinets are not nearly as nice as Drues but we got three sinks.

IMG_1165.jpg

One of the three bathrooms.

IMG_1166.jpg[/img]

This one was decorated five or six years ago with mud or shit saying fuck, one of the cosmetic things for next season. as well as putting up some drywall/plywood for the wall. the sink hasn't worked since the chalet closed. hence rust and disgust.

IMG_1167.jpg

Brian's old room. The roof fell down on him and rained mouse shit on him while he was sleeping.

IMG_1159.jpg

second deep freeze( we buy in bulk because it's a bitch going off hill and snowboarding down with groceries. so we loaded up the freezers with meat and pizzas and bread and shit.

IMG_1158.jpg

all the rooms are on one side of the cabin, which is still square and levelish, where as my room, is on a 6 degree slope. the door in this picture is completely level, before we put the plywood up, the studs were visibly disturbing because of how much the side of the cabin has sunk.

IMG_1157.jpg

laundry room/old showers

IMG_1176.jpg

there's holes in the floor of the shower and water just runs out to the crawl space underneath which is freezing cold. they're awful showers

IMG_1177.jpg

The shower we put in when we moved in, after using those showers. this and the basement door we put in are the only things level in the whole cabin

IMG_1174.jpg

sun room. in the summer it's nice, and in the day time it's also nice, but I work nights and haven't seen the sun in two months.

IMG_1173.jpg

there was no floor here, and you had to walk in the studs.

IMG_1156.jpg

Once we made the floor, the raccoon,which liked to come in and eat our food and hang out with the cat that used to catch mice for us, ate it's way through this wall to get in. so I had to put a board over that.

IMG_1175.jpg

My room. it had mouse shit filling the ceiling, holes to outside, moldy disgusting carpet, holes in all the drywall, and full of garbage. three days of work and it's been home for six months of the year since. building paper over the windows.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

• Like 2

Re: 12OZ CRIBS - April 2007 edition (aka ABC & rental's new pad edition)

the living room.

lroom.jpg

door.jpg

P4280322.jpg

P4280321.jpg

P4280320.jpg

reaper.jpg

P4280324.jpg

If you could point your attention to the tiny ironing board.

it's real cute.

I like that in things.

The kitchen.

Is too small.

kit.jpg

P4280331.jpg

A painting my niece did.

Of me and my dude on a unicorn.

And her on a unicorn.

Our unicorn is sweaty from running in a race through the mountain caves.

There is a flying squirrel.

And a monkey in a tree.

Dog barking at the monkey.

And the airplane.

It all makes so much sense.

P4280337.jpg

I saw this black dude in the dumpster yesterday.

I think he was digging for some sort of engine.

sweet fuckin damage deposit and devin the dude posters haha good combo

this pug painting is something i need to have. its awesome in pretty much a million ways...props.

68959_1610212866398_1568520195_31487575_3119598_n.jpg

http://www.ezrahaidet.com/

This dude did that painting.

He also loves doing pug tattoos and has sheets and sheets of pug flash he's drawn up.

He'll do any one of his pug tattoos for like $100 or something super cheap like that.

Good stuff.

And it is a Black Forest cuckoo clock.

We're not too far from the town that is famous for making all the clocks.

They have some pretty intense ones to pick from, they are just all super fucking expensive.

The little ones (like mine) can run from $500-800.

It's been about a five year span from the two apartments.

Another move is coming up in the next few months.

36791_1510603416224_1568520195_31243020_5763799_n.jpg

37615_1510603616229_1568520195_31243021_2035581_n.jpg

Here's a table I did.

It had been sitting on our back patio and I thought I would fix it up some.

I hated it at first, but the longer I look at it, the more it grows on me.

It now sits in our living room for the cats to lay on.

I can't wait to get home and be able to make stuff like this again.

• Like 1