Super Deodorant Thread

MitchThe$nitch

I ran out of deodorant and I knew that shit yesterday, but I forgot. Today I'm deodorant free and at work. I'm a sweaty dude, and am concerned. Normally I rock the Degree shit - but I still get small pittage because of said sweatiness. What are you guys wearing, anyone know any secret deodorant tippage? proucts etc?

degree1.png

classic "male pattern pittage"

IMG_0382%20(Small).jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mitchum never worked for me for some reason, and i dont sweat like crazy either..

but as far as that super strong stuff goes, and to keep you from sweating completely isn't healthy. It's how your body releases toxins.

sucks, but as long as you don't smell it's not that bad....

Treatment

Excessive sweating can be controlled to some degree with commercial antiperspirants. However, stronger treatment is often needed, especially for the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, armpits, or genital area. Nighttime application of aluminum chloride solution may help; prescription and nonprescription strengths of this drug are available. A person first dries the sweaty area and then applies the solution. If the response is inadequate, a plastic film can be applied over the solution to enhance the effectiveness of the treatment. In the morning, the person removes the film and washes the area. Some people need two applications daily; this regimen usually gives relief in a week. If the solution irritates the skin, the plastic film should be left off.

A solution of methenamineSome Trade Names

HIPREX

MANDELAMINE

also may help. Tap water iontophoresis, a process in which a weak electrical current is applied to the sweaty area, is sometimes used. Drugs taken by mouth, such as phenoxybenzamineSome Trade Names

DIBENZYLINE

and propanthelineSome Trade Names

PRO-BANTHINE

, sometimes control sweating, and injections of botulinum toxinSome Trade Names

BOTOX

into the affected area diminish sweating. If drugs are not effective, a more drastic measure to control severe sweating is surgical cutting of the nerves leading to the sweat glands. Excessive sweating limited to the armpits is sometimes treated by liposuction to remove the sweat glands. Psychologic counseling or antianxiety drugs may relieve sweating caused by anxiety.

For the few people in whom odor is a problem, cleansing twice daily with soap and water usually removes the bacteria and yeast that cause odor. In some people, a few days of washing with an antiseptic soap, which may be combined with use of antibacterial creams containing clindamycinSome Trade Names

CLEOCIN

or erythromycinSome Trade Names

E-MYCIN

ERYTHROCIN

ILOSONE

, may be necessary. Shaving the hair in the armpits may also help control odor.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec18/ch206/ch206c.html