the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to all the people on the previous page, talking about boards and stuff.

DONT DO THAT

the person who pointed out that you need to find a nice chill spot to practice was right.

sure you can learn mechanics on a board in your backyard, there is technically nothing wrong with that.

however, you are missing out on a basic aspect of taking part in this art form.

and that is the exploration.

as a writer you will be exposed to areas of your town that noone else is aware of, you will tune your senses and view your surroundings differently.

go explore, hike through the woods, jump over fences, climb under bridges and get your feet dirty. no amount of practice can replace what it means to find your first spot, and be the person who holds it down. even if you are the only one who ever paints there, that is your piece of the city. and i dont want to see kids deprive themselves of that sense of accomplishment.

or ignore what i say

just a grown kid rambling anyhow

im glad it made sense

over the years ive been places so secluded that its possible noone will ever see the walls, not even other writers except the few people who know of its existance and the pictures that come from it...

im going to post so pictures of a spot, we called it treasure island, nothing but a foundation forgoten in the woods off a highway that most people would never travel, a friend saw it burried in roots and bushes while working in the area. now it has been cleared off and has a few layers of paint on it.

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

this location will forever be imprinted on my mind, so calm and peacful, and such a great day with friends no board placed inside my comfort zone can fill me with these kind of memories.

i hope these posts have helped to show people who dont have these experiences yet, just how great the experience of wall hunting can be.

Archived