Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enigmatic

the TOY paint thread...

so many starts and stops to the lines in that throw.... so much wasted time...

Opposed to doing what? How can I avoid making that mistake?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

alright so i hope this helps you as opposed to just making you more confused. fillins tend to be more about flow cause well you sure as hell dont wanna have to be doing alll this complex shit save that for the pieces or until you know more about what you're doing.

every letter i did goes in the direction of the left with the exception of the top of the S. this sets it up nicely to for you to do the next letter. you can see where i crossed the line of the other letters and if you follow the direction of the line it goes down to the bottom right-ish of the letters.

you almost get like momentum(?) doing things like this(?) its just so much easier and more efficent than some stop and go. also it just looks better once you get a hang of it. hope this helps

oh and by no means do you have to do the letters like this just the way you draw them should be similar to each other letter in the way it looks/it's properties.

C56rQZa.jpg

So I start my hand moving before I start spraying. Spray. Stop spraying when I finish a line, but continuing the momentum and direction of my hand?

Blind leading the blind in here. Sable you need to spend some time sketching and working on your letters. When they said stop and start they mean you should do each letter in mostly one line. Your s and a are particular bad for that. But in general you need to practice

Blind leading the blind in here. Sable you need to spend some time sketching and working on your letters. When they said stop and start they mean you should do each letter in mostly one line. Your s and a are particular bad for that. But in general you need to practice

Thanks homie, I figured it out. I just needed to go over my lines a few more times so you couldn't tell where I was starting and stoping my lines

IMG_2345.jpg

One more today. Tried getting a character in there.

saying 'homie' online to a stranger is teh gayzz. Also, you dont understand what a throwup is.

Do your research, kiddo. Lean technique BEFORE you get arrested for shit that you will regret.

Don't take the extra time to go back over shitty lines, make them right the first time, and do it fast. FAST.

^practice can control with characters if you find them easier, it might be a good way to practice painting without looking like a supertoy.

But keep the letters on paper until you learn why what you are doing is wrong. Fluid motions dude, fast and simple.

And no, nobody will give you answers online. It just doesn't happen that way man

?ui=2&ik=a6034c54f7&view=att&th=13ee7835e97ffe55&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1436217366885171200-1&zw

This is what I've been working on with cheap paper. gonna move the concept to my blackbook and eventually hittin the streets with it. Thoughts?

talking shit about your own piece is wack. not to be mean but nobody cares if it was dark or you were drunk or only had stock caps or whatever. it makes you sound like a bitch. Positives though the elk isnt too bad. all those letters have pretty good structure and uniform bars. maybe thin out the bottom of the L. the rest of the letters need work but keep practicing. Just try and keep all your lines uniform and proportionate. Keep doing that and youll progress quickly.

talking shit about your own piece is wack. not to be mean but nobody cares if it was dark or you were drunk or only had stock caps or whatever. it makes you sound like a bitch. Positives though the elk isnt too bad. all those letters have pretty good structure and uniform bars. maybe thin out the bottom of the L. the rest of the letters need work but keep practicing. Just try and keep all your lines uniform and proportionate. Keep doing that and youll progress quickly.

Just tryna be thorough - crit noted, less explanation next time :) And yeah, planning to stick with the simples over and over. Quite like doing them actually.

Pekoe like the tea, yeah.

• Like 1

Well you should probably make c's your thing if they're in your name. That I looks like a butt plug and the shadow is missing in some of the letters - I'd hit the books to improve your style.