Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG0012.jpg

And If someone says get good on paper then paint, go get bent. you need to do the actual shit to get the hang of painting and can control.

my view on it is its two very different aspects of graff....its all about expressin urself, theres a guy in france who only chisels shit, no paper or cans involved.

slopi you don't have basic letter structure down, so why would you go and put shitty stuff up, when you don't have to? you can have all the can control in the world but if your structure sucks then what's the point? you've still got a TON of learning to do before you should be putting stuff up, let alone try and lecture people.

slopi you don't have basic letter structure down, so why would you go and put shitty stuff up, when you don't have to? you can have all the can control in the world but if your structure sucks then what's the point? you've still got a TON of learning to do before you should be putting stuff up, let alone try and lecture people.

You SHOULD be progressing with paint while you are progressing with paper... not saying gobombmarceckodopenessyeahlol everything in sight, but you might as well get some practice in. I mean, you can get dope styles down on paper, but what's the point if you don't have enough experience with paint to produce the shit on a wall? unless you are naturally talented with a can, you need the experience. might as well write on shit. just be smart about it.

if he's getting practice, it should be on some plywood in his backyard or somewhere where few people will see. in his case though slopi still doesn't get the basics. and yes, control does come with practice, but if you have the idea of what a successful piece or throw should look like then it makes it a lot easier to produce something decent. and of course someone who's only drawn on paper can't just go out and pull a burner out of their ass, but if they've done their homework then i can guarantee you it'll look better than someone who doesn't have any idea what they're doing, and every time the people who have a solid foundation go out it will look better and better and they'll progress that much quicker.

Yea I totally forgot everyone starts off as a pro. I myself learn from experience and if you dont like it thats fine. I'm not doing it for you or them, i'm doing it for myself and own pleasure. As for letter structure I see imporvments and I see set backs. Just remember if we all did and learned the same way this would all look the same.