the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, that was what soan did, disregard my last comment then. kade, it seems like on a lot of your stuff you're not using bars or taking the time to fix your proportions. if i were you i'd find a chill place to practice proportions, can control and letter structure. remember to keep it simple at first, once you've got the basics down then you can start adding your own style and flair.

oh, that was what saon did, disregard my last comment then. kade, it seems like on a lot of your stuff you're not using bars or taking the time to fix your proportions. if i were you i'd find a chill place to practice proportions, can control and letter structure. remember to keep it simple at first, once you've got the basics down then you can start adding your own style and flair.

is your opinion any different now that you know I(saon) did it?

haha. just wondering(:

5474438819_d6a578c9a0_b.jpg

crits?

That first Renk is pretty flawless, I would just try and make the handstyle easier to read.

The Exuts are a little too.. lumpy and strange?

Also, when doing shadow, don't have it cover up part of a piece.

Try doing bar letters or noodley hot dog letters, you have the can control. Or a throw-up, but not a mix of both, thats my 2 cents...

quick simple for talking

5518847908_35e8708fd6.jpg

i got you man, your two cents are much appreciated. i kind of like the idea of that structure kind of taking the role of both a piece and a throwup, just because it's something i can bang out in ten minutes but it's more refined then a throw. i see where you're coming from though, and there's always room for improvement and growth, so i'll tweak it a bit, maybe make one version a more obvious piece and another a straight up throw.

and i like that aside. i think if the I were the only thing that was lowercase it'd be a little more balanced though.

the bits at the top may make more sense if there were pieces of the letters being torn off of them or something. and with that saen the bottom part of the e needs to be shorter so the legs of the n can be seen more clearly. also, kade, you've got the right idea, but when actually painting it pay close attention to the width of your letters, and i'd like to see that structure with an e that matches.