the TOY paint thread...

enigmatic

100_0097.jpg

dont know if I ever posted this here, was donr in my mates garage when he was painting walls white for some reason. So I thought lemme have a freestyle jam on your wall with these cans, and it turned out like this, probably like almost 2 years old now. I dont like how I went overboard with orange lol, but I probably did it to cover mistakes :/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a piece up in this indoor skate park, my mate knew some dudes so got on it like that. But I think they moved location again, so cant flick it, oh well hopefully it stays there as history. That was the last one I did.

But word, ima have to get some new ones up when I get a way to take pics.

5c3b4961.jpg

OK now that ive found the rite thread. here it is my freestyle no planning piece i did earlier tonight. im aware the letters need some work. and my can control is slowly getting better.

anymore tips?

mite i add i ran out of blue ;(

Controls not too bad, but..

I think you should hit the books a little longer tvman

you need to work on structure more.

edit: lmao, just noticed singing trout

COPY THESE "MR TV MAN"

those arrows are a no no, they look really lame if you dont rock them right.

that top purple joint looks pretty fire.

mr tv. i wouldn't put that up anywhere. ugly stick figures and even uglier letters are only gonna get you dissed.

not necessarily. it all depends on how the graff scene is where this guy's from. not to mention it's kind of got like an artsy punk feel to it (kind of), and a lot of that stuff isn't what 99% of the people who do graffiti would consider good at all, though i think that a lot of that is based more on immediate self expression as opposed to making shit look good. it's not my taste or anything, but that's what mr.tv's stuff reminds me of personally(though i've seen it done a lot better). or maybe that isn't his intention and i'm just way off... whatevz

ha. i'm "artsy punk". that tv stuff is not. if it were art or graffiti, maybe it would fly. but you're right. if he lives in the middle of north dakota or bumblefuck iowa, that might pass. but everyone else in here gets tough love, so no coddling. when my shit is ugly (which it is), i'd rather honest crits.

i'm not saying his shit's good, and i'm not giving him a free pass. i said that people do that sort of thing a lot better, i was just saying that it vaguely reminded me of some of that stuff, and with graffiti being so subjective i think it's necessary to know what the intentions are of the person we're critiquing and giving advice to, because depending on that i may crit that person differently, no less honestly, just differently.

yo to the mr.tv dude. if you live in atlanta like you say you do. you should be aware of the graffiti community there. you go anywhere in east atlanta or on the highways or northwest near the dome and you'll for the most part see plenty of rad pieces, throw ups, tags, art installations, street art characters, etc. atlanta pretty much has all the bases covered and i think you need to drive around and find some inspiration. cause your shit would get clowned on the streets there for sure.