Gaying help...

louise2wease

I'm attempting to re-guage my ear but the last time I attempted it there was basically a bloody mess after about 3 sizes [well, my equivelent of three sizes, basically a paperclip then went to a jumbo paperclip then to an eyebrow ring that i found in my room from the time i tried to pierce my eyebrow... it's an 8 or a 10 i think]. So yesterday I tried a new tactic that my friend said to do, shove the next size in during a shower because I guess it's easier to get through? well... let's just say it didnt work and at the moment I have a dr. suess [only one i could find] bandaid on my fucking ear because blood was fucking everywhere when I tried to twist the damn earring a few hours ago.

anyway... i need help. anyone with experience, what's the best way to go about this... aside from buying the earrings for it cause i have no money or time to go get the earrings.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Guaging help...

dude, so when i shove it in there's no problem, i aint got a problem with that hurt [wont lie, i screamed the first time i tried... but i got it in there]. and i haven't even got a problem with the hurt that comes the next day. it's just that i cant get it to stop bleeding when i go to twist it so that it doesnt stick or whatever.

dude, so when i shove it in there's no problem, i aint got a problem with that hurt [wont lie, i screamed the first time i tried... but i got it in there]. and i haven't even got a problem with the hurt that comes the next day. it's just that i cant get it to stop bleeding when i go to twist it so that it doesnt stick or whatever.

After what I assume are MULTIPLE attepts with complete failure, I suggest giving up.

If it's bleeding like that you're gonna have gnarly scarring. Your earlobes are going to look like prolapsed assholes by the time you're done fucking them up.

really? because i thought that anything that has blood has the potential to bleed. sorry, i must be mistaken because you seem to know just about everything, huh?

I'm not sure if this was directed to me, do as you wish, but here's some advice from the "pros".

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Earlobe_Tearing

Earlobe Tearing

From BME Encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Earlobe stretching needs to be done slowly. If you overstretch, it's easy to create long tears around the circumference of the fistula (the skin tube that makes up the inside of the peircing). This risk can easily be avoided by stretching slowly — there's no point in stretching too quickly, because the subsequent scar tissue that forms after a tear is much more difficult to stretch. If your lobe does tear, it's important to treat it properly to avoid follow-up problems such as blowout. After a torn lobe, immediately downsize — sometimes significantly — the jewelry to take all pressure off the wound. Allow it to fully heal before attempting to continue stretching. You may actually be pleased to find out that when you get back up to the size you were at that your lobe is actually a little thicker as well — but not always; some people may actually experience the opposite as Ashley writes,

"When my right ear ripped after I stretched to 3/4ths, I let it downsize to heal. It didn't get thicker than before and when I went back up to 3/4ths it got really thin... thinner than my left ear. I'm afraid if I stretch it larger it will completely rip because it's so thin."

The biggest key in stretching is to take it slow and listen to your body! Philip Barbosa adds,

"This might not be accurate, but when I was in college and stretching my ears seven years ago, in Toronto 0 gauge ears were not that common and usually noticed. My humanities professor told me a story about a tribe in Africa where the stretching of your lobes represented knowledge gained through listening. If done correctly, and done over time, you showed years of knowledge obtained from listening to elders with much larger lobes and much more knowledge than you. If you went too fast though, you would mess up your ears and look like someone who was passing themselves off as falsely knowing more than everyone else...
the village idiot
."

I'm not sure if this was directed to me, do as you wish, but here's some advice from the "pros".

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Earlobe_Tearing

Earlobe Tearing

From BME Encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Earlobe stretching needs to be done slowly. If you overstretch, it's easy to create long tears around the circumference of the fistula (the skin tube that makes up the inside of the peircing). This risk can easily be avoided by stretching slowly — there's no point in stretching too quickly, because the subsequent scar tissue that forms after a tear is much more difficult to stretch. If your lobe does tear, it's important to treat it properly to avoid follow-up problems such as blowout. After a torn lobe, immediately downsize — sometimes significantly — the jewelry to take all pressure off the wound. Allow it to fully heal before attempting to continue stretching. You may actually be pleased to find out that when you get back up to the size you were at that your lobe is actually a little thicker as well — but not always; some people may actually experience the opposite as Ashley writes,

"When my right ear ripped after I stretched to 3/4ths, I let it downsize to heal. It didn't get thicker than before and when I went back up to 3/4ths it got really thin... thinner than my left ear. I'm afraid if I stretch it larger it will completely rip because it's so thin."

The biggest key in stretching is to take it slow and listen to your body! Philip Barbosa adds,

"This might not be accurate, but when I was in college and stretching my ears seven years ago, in Toronto 0 gauge ears were not that common and usually noticed. My humanities professor told me a story about a tribe in Africa where the stretching of your lobes represented knowledge gained through listening. If done correctly, and done over time, you showed years of knowledge obtained from listening to elders with much larger lobes and much more knowledge than you. If you went too fast though, you would mess up your ears and look like someone who was passing themselves off as falsely knowing more than everyone else...
the village idiot
."

it wasn't directed at you.

plus, thanks for that article. i'mma just try doing it super slow...

if it bleeds i'll just soak it in peroxide or something. that shit stings but i'd rather have it hurt while i'm cleaning it than when i'm having it cut off from infection or some shit...

let me get this straight. you find shit on your floor and pop it into your body?

there are professionals out there that have jobs because of you.

if you cant afford to go to one then you probably should wait until you can afford it.

dude, i soaked the shit in peroxide first... its not that bad if you think about it. you go to the store and you buy the forreal shit, the earrings, and how many people have touched that shit? it was prolly in some factory somewhere touching who knows how many diseases. then, when it was getting put into the glasses at the store, hot rags or whatever, the people hanging it up prolly touched it. so seriously, paperclips and an old eyebrow ring arent that bad.

I've stretched mine out twice before, both to zeros. It helps if you buy the tapers and just push those in while you're in the shower, the skins softer/tender and easier to stretch out. You can also get it done professionally, but I hear it hurts more but it's all at one time. If you don't have the patience for gauging them yourself, I suggest going to the parlor and getting someone else to do it.

And can't you get tetinus or whatever from putting random metal shit in your ears? I dunno.. I put a nail in my ear once and was called a fucktard for doing so and that my ear'll fall off. I was 13 so I was pretty clueless.