HOW TO: Make a Kiwi Mop

RustyBurrito

I was going to post in the superthread but sometimes stuff can be hard to find in there. This is a full picture tutorial so I figured I would make a thread.

For some reason many people cannot figure out how to make these...

WHAT YOU NEED:

1 Kiwi shoe polish bottle (leather brown scuff cover for easier cleaning but it really doesnt matter)

1 can of oil based rustoleum bucket paint (whatever color you want)

1 coat hangar/toothpick/fork

OPTIONAL: a funnel or something to make it easier to get the paint into the mop

Now after you gather these materials (all can be found at walmart) it's time to get to work

STEP 1

Look at your shoe polish bottle. This will be your new mop.

DSC01146.jpg

There you see the shoe polish bottle. I prefer the slim ones because they are easier to pocket.

STEP 2

Take the nib off the shoe polish bottle. Just grab the white plastic and twist and pull. It's easy to get off. Do not just rip the foam off like an idiot.

DSC01147.jpg

STEP 3

Empty and clean out the bottle. You want to make sure you get all the shoe polish out so rinse it a couple times until no more colored water is coming out. Also make sure you shake the water out when your done.

DSC01148.jpg

STEP 4

Before you do anything else take a look at the nib. You will see a little green thing. This is where the coat hangar or whatever comes into play. You want to pry that bad boy out because it will restrict paint flow. Some people leave theirs in but I like to take it out because it just makes everything work better.

penor.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEP 5

Once you get all the water out of your mop and everything is clean it's time to move into the paint. This is what you want right here. In the spray paint section at walmart you can find these tiny little cans about half the size of the shoe polish bottle. Cheap and easy to rack of thats what you prefer.

rusto.jpg

STEP 6

Shake up the paint real good and mix it around with a popsicle stick or something. Now you want to pour it into the shoe polish bottle. You might want to put it into a paper cup or something first so it wont get all over when you put it in the mop. This is pretty self explanatory so I dont feel like taking a picture. I would only fill it up about 3/4 of the way just so it wont make a mess as easily when you put it into action.

NOTE: WITH THIS PAINT YOU DO NOT NEED TO THIN IT OUT LIKE SOME OTHER OIL BASED PAINTS. It still drips liek craaaazy

STEP 7

Shove the nib back in and give it a shake or two. NOW YOUR READY TO GO! I would advise testing it out on a board first because its going to be a lot drippier then what you expect. You dont have to squeeze it a ton to get nasty drips.

Here are some pics of the end result

DSC01151.jpg

mop2.jpg

mop1.jpg

Its a nice thread...I'm pretty sure I saw this tutorial on some other graffiti forum....but either way it really is just a matter of steal, empty, fill. I never take the valve out, I did once and my desk didn't forgive me. But it was drawn on anyway so whatever.

sick sticky this right next to the 'wherre do i find the etch thread'

atleast the people here arent like on bombingscience. every page of the marker thread is:

how do i make a mop?

i heard you can make a mop from shoe polish?

i have a dollar store polish mop. wiil this work?

how do i open a kiwi?

my shoe polish isnt kiwi.

and then asking the recipe for homemade krink every ink page

i guess bombingscience has homemade krink, and we have or search for the holy grail of candy ink.

Bombing science sucks...the mods have their heads up their asses.

Anyway, back on topic.

I've found that if you thin your paint out too much, it will leak out of the top if you move the mop too fast when tagging, or if you tuck it in your pocket and run, you'll have paint all over the place when you open the top again. Just a thought, you might want to flex some duct tape or somesuch.

You'd be suprised how many people can't seem to figure out how to do it...sure anyone whos been in the game a while thinks its the easiest thing ever but I figured I would try to keep all the dumb "HOW DO I MAKE A MOP" posts and threads to a minimum by making this.

Whats with the hate..If you already know/knew how to make a fuken mop, well thats good for you...Do a search and you'll find the many closed threads from "toys" asking the same mothefuken question..Where do I get KRink, How do you make KRink...Please please someone..Nigga took his time to post this for them and ya'll quick to hate...Even if it was a repost he right clicked copied and pasted, none of ya did that..And if it was that bad of a thread why the mods aint closed this..

BUMP...

And yes I'm a toy that dont know nothing!!

if your desperate, go to home depot and get some opps paint. some times its and a dollar for a pint for oil. or get a pint of acrylic latex closest to white, and a dark color like forest green, maybe some 2 oz bottles of acrylic from walmart or hobby lobby, and mix them together and thin with water. youll get a somewhat easy to buff, bright, ghetto junubo.