Idea - Graff bible

AdultContent

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i miss the days when graffiti was an esoteric subculture and kids had to earn the right to hear stories, see flix, and to learn styles and techniques. these days you pay $29.99 for a dvd or a book and you get all the inside info; or you can google one of the million graffiti sites out there, many of which may as well draw you a treasure map to spots to paint at or rack from.

although i have to say the mods on 12 oz. are on point with keeping an eye out for toys dropping too much info on spots. you guys are good like that.

I went by one of my spots today and some kid, 17 or so was there attemptintig to paint. He started telling me how he was saving some money to get some montana, because "even though I'm not that good people will see the bright colors and be like, "he has the best paint"." I then asked him if the cops had ever rolled up on him at said spot and he tells me,"you don't have to worry much, look at Cope, he paints trains and stuff and shows his face." He was also wearing a particle mask for some dumb reason. I should have took his paint and punched his face, but I just gave him an astonished look and walked away.

I went by one of my spots today and some kid, 17 or so was there attemptintig to paint. He started telling me how he was saving some money to get some montana, because "even though I'm not that good people will see the bright colors and be like, "he has the best paint"." I then asked him if the cops had ever rolled up on him at said spot and he tells me,"you don't have to worry much, look at Cope, he paints trains and stuff and shows his face." He was also wearing a particle mask for some dumb reason. I should have took his paint and punched his face, but I just gave him an astonished look and walked away.

yup, that's what i'm talking about. the kid has been "educated" by the internet or other toys like him.

sad.

funny, on a side note, i went driving all over today to a bunch of spots around by me in an attempt to hopefully find some old graff to catch flix. god forbid i would luck out. everything has been buffed or covered by toys like the aforementioned kid.

also, most kids that come out and bomb have no sense of style with their throw-ups or even their tags. whatever happened to practicing and developing style? why doesn't anyone tell them they suck and diss them, so they'll realize they suck and go back to the drawing board (literally)? i don't get it, i really don't.