Nugents gripe on gun control.

ILOTSMYBRAIN

Of course I know alot of you guys hold similar opinions to this article, I agree with Nugent here, and I hope some others agree too.

By Ted Nugent

Special to CNN

Adjust font size:

icon.minus.dim.gificon.minus.gif

icon.plus.gificon.plus.dim.gif

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

Read an opposing take on gun control from journalist Tom Plate: Let's lay down our right to bear arms

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what theevil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wow, you guys are taking cues from ted fucking nugent of all people. that's gnarly. i'm sure complete and total deregulation, which seems to be the core of the NRA's upper echelon agenda, would totally decrease gun violence in america. fuck gun registration, gun owner licensing, gun rationing, etc, i want a total wild wild west shoot 'em up society man. it'll be awesome, instead of NRA sessions on concealment techniques and fake quick draw shoot'em ups, we can have real ones right in the streets. having a gun in my house is all dainty and shit, nevermind the fact it's 22 times more likely somebody in my family will get blown away instead of an intruder.

seriously larry, there are over 20,000 gun laws on the books. your methods havent worked or even tried to work at reducing gun crime. the economics of it are simple.

since guns cannot possibly be taken from the bad guys and only the cops have guns, (and tell the jews in germany or russians under soviet rule that only the 'good guys' should have guns.) the best alternative is to allow citizens to defend themselves. the Nug' hit the nail on the head.

I think the south is a perfect example. Crime down south is WAAAAY less and everyone here is Gun crazy, everyone has Guns, You can buy them at gun shows without even showing the people an ID!!! Some of them don't care who you are as long as you got the money. It's not NEAR that open up north to get guns, but still the crime is far worse up north. I think if criminals knew more people were armed at home they would be a lot more reluctant to break into someones house for example. Say what you want, but sometimes a little show of force can make peace. I beleive in guns as long as they fall into the right hands, unfortunately there's no way to totally control that. It's a fact we have to live with because Guns aren't going anywhere soon.

it depends where "up north." detroit, camden, washington dc -- probably worse than all cities down south, except maybe new orleans which occassionally gets the "murder capital" title. but then when you take into account states like maine, new hampshire, vermont, wisconsin -- there isn't one down south state that has less crime than any of those states. and there isn't one major metropolis in the south that has a lower murder rate than new york.

"maine, new hampshire, vermont"

if you are talking from a strictly gun laws perspective, those states have just as liberal gun laws as most southern states do. vermont has no permit concealed carry and open carry. and you are right, there crime rates are low compared to new york or mass.

i think dawoods point is overall correct. less gun crime in the southern states than northern states... however the south isnt free of the 'ghetto.' which is where most crime takes place anyway.

well, if the man would take his stinkin' foot off a niggas neck there wouldn't be no crime in the ghetto. it's only crime in the ghetto cuz white people make black people sell crack. And the white record labels put out music that makes niggas gun crazy 24 inch rim newport smokin' fanatics. Damn. ;)

I support gun rights, but the people who view the argument like a religion are just as twisted as the anti-abortion camp. I think gun rights activists have the higher ground, but they spend all their energy acting like "gun nuts" and so much less time using their energies to fix the black market gun trade. I say this knowing the black market is not seen as all that wrong way by gun people by the way...

do you consider the pro abortion camp, union fanatic camp or aclu style free speech advocates camp to be as equally twisted as the pro gun camp?

gun rights are just as important as freedom or religion or (lack there of) jury trial, habeus corpus, free speech, etc. you dont need a permit or a 7 day wait to say something just like you shouldnt need permit or a 7 day wait to buy a gun. rights simply dont require permission.

as long as guns are highly regulated, taxed, and some people are banned from owning them, there will be a black market gun trade. same way there is a black market drug trade in maximum security federal prisons. and the more highly regulated and successful the war on illegal guns is, the higher the street price goes which inturn attracts more 'investors' (gun runners) risking thier lives to make a quick buck. same logic that continues the war on drugs. the cure (confiscating drugs or guns) isnt actually a cure, its an accelerant. simple economics.

one of the write backs on nugents article was pretty good. you dont ever see any shootings at military bases, gun ranges, or in the homes of 'gun nuts.'

matter of fact i recall my grandfather telling me of his grandfather who was in WW1 and that in the rural county they lived in, most guys were able to keep thier service weapons. which included an insane number of full auto machine guns. one was never fired at someone, it just sort of makes you think that guns arent the problem, its people.

one of the write backs on nugents article was pretty good. you dont ever see any shootings at military bases, gun ranges, or in the homes of 'gun nuts.'

matter of fact i recall my grandfather telling me of his grandfather who was in WW1 and that in the rural county they lived in, most guys were able to keep thier service weapons. which included an insane number of full auto machine guns. one was never fired at someone, it just sort of makes you think that guns arent the problem, its people.

I doubt soldiers were allowed to take from machine guns from the army. their bolt action service rifles probably. No one was 'issued' machine guns in WWI.

"No one was 'issued' machine guns in WWI."

my gggrandfather owned a BAR issued to him in 1918, kept it in his closet. i have seen the pictures. machine guns were in use in ww1 though they did see little action compared to later years. full auto machine guns didnt become regulated until roosevelt and his new deal.

rough estimates are that 85K full auto machine guns were in the US militaries hands by the end of ww1. as in typical american fashion alot of arms were sold off after the war to help pay war debt, etc.

I doubt soldiers were allowed to take from machine guns from the army. their bolt action service rifles probably. No one was 'issued' machine guns in WWI.

The Thomson submachine gun or "Tommy gun" was developed during WWI. The development was not finished until the war ended in 1918, which left its creators with no market. As a result, the gun was sold by mail order to the general populace. It was pretty expensive though, so they didn't sell many at first.

I think the south is a perfect example. Crime down south is WAAAAY less and everyone here is Gun crazy, everyone has Guns, You can buy them at gun shows without even showing the people an ID!!! Some of them don't care who you are as long as you got the money. It's not NEAR that open up north to get guns, but still the crime is far worse up north. I think if criminals knew more people were armed at home they would be a lot more reluctant to break into someones house for example. Say what you want, but sometimes a little show of force can make peace. I beleive in guns as long as they fall into the right hands, unfortunately there's no way to totally control that. It's a fact we have to live with because Guns aren't going anywhere soon.

That may not be true, in response

"Those who are interested in the safety and well-being of children should keep in mind that only motor vehicle accidents and cancer kill more children in the U.S. than firearms. A study released a few years ago by the Harvard School of Public Health compared firearm mortality rates among youngsters 5 to 14 years old in the five states with the highest rates of gun ownership with those in the five states with the lowest rates.

The results were chilling. Children in the states with the highest rates of gun ownership were 16 times as likely to die from an accidental gunshot wound, nearly seven times as likely to commit suicide with a gun, and more than three times as likely to be murdered with a firearm."

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/04/26/opinion/26herbert.html

one thing interesting to note with this data is the one sided check book balancing. for instance it is a tragedy that kids are killed by guns. but stats i have seen show that guns used to stop death, injury, medical costs, protect property, etc by far outnumber childrens death.

but back to the point... why isnt there calls for national citizen vehicle disarmament? kids are more likely to be killed by a chevy than by a gun.

cars aren't 'weapons'. they have a specific function, purpose and overwhelming benefit to society, despite the myriad problems and unfortunate ramifications the car has brought to our world. the benefits vs. the problems and the cars legitimacy is another topic altogether. the analogy is moot since the discussion is not about the good/bad of cars but the value of deadly weapons in our society and the value of the talking points put forth by gun nuts like nugent, the NRA and powerful gun lobbies.

aod, where are you getting your stats information?

despite what the media claims, the NRA has been more for gun control than it has for gun rights. the NRA was started in 1871 by northerners who were pissed because a bunch of 'inbred hicks' gave the north such a run for thier money when they invaded the south.

the NRA in a 1968 editorial in thier magazine boasted proudly at thier stance on gun CONTROL and that they were not for unfettered gun rights. they now support the brady bill. they practically wrote the 1934 machine gun bill.

guns have a legitimate purpose. shooting, hunting, and ultimately protection of your own life familly or property. laws against murder and rape with guns are already in place. what do you want to do, further outlaw murder? it is not necessarily the killing that is bad, it is the aggressive killing. if someone is trying to kill you, you have every right to kill them first in self defense.

the car point is totally valid. cars a deadly weapons.

a 1990 harvard medical practice study shows that every year 180,000 americans die from medical negligence. this is the equivalent of 2 jumbo jet crashes every 3 days. are physicians a public menace that should be done away with? no because they save so many more lives than they take. so it is with guns. estimates, depending on the year, are taht 2.5 million americans save lives, protect thier families or livelihood with a gun, and saving roughly 400K lives annually. this number dwarfs the gun deaths of 38,000, which is lower than the number of people killed on government roads.

childrens deaths statistics with guns are misleading because almost all the time, it is not simply children finding a gun and accidently shooting someone or thier own self. included in these statistics is gang related fire fights, crimes, drug related crimes, etc on 'children' up to 19. al gore used these skewed statistics in 2000 to push for national trigger locks because 'every 92 minutes an innocent child shoots himself or someone.' he didnt mention the gangbangers, drug related criminals or that his stats went up to age 19.

criminals who ignore laws against rape murder and theft also ignore gun laws. only the innocent law abider respects a gun law. therefore gun laws are nothing more than victim disarmament schemes.