At war with my molars.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when it boils down to it, you're painting something for an event aimed at people who already support camel's product, whether they be customers or employees. you're not painting billboards that are going in public places to entice youngsters to take up smoking.

so at the end of the day, you're taking something from camel, you're not actually helping them hook new customers.

take the money and run

when it boils down to it, you're painting something for an event aimed at people who already support camel's product, whether they be customers or employees. you're not painting billboards that are going in public places to entice youngsters to take up smoking.

so at the end of the day, you're taking something from camel, you're not actually helping them hook new customers.

take the money and run

Not everyone at the party will be a customer or employee. The whole point of this type of party is to get people who enjoy partying to associate their leisure time with the brand, ie: get more partygoers to smoke. Even if it is an invitation-only party exclusive for customers, it's still made to put out the message that Camel smokers are an exclusive group of people that you want to belong to. Rest assured, it's promoting the brand.

I dunno dude, you do you, but I wouldn't do it. There's actually a certain level of probability I might lose one (or both) parents to lung cancer (both are 2-pack-a-day smokers and genetically predisposed to cancer) and trust me I'd make sure big tobacco wouldn't see a cent from me if that were to happen.

Not everyone at the party will be a customer or employee. The whole point of this type of party is to get people who enjoy partying to associate their leisure time with the brand, ie: get more partygoers to smoke. .

i was going by the assumption that this was somewhat of a invitational type deal

Here's the deal...I do freelance art around my city to make ends meet. A lot of it in the warm weather is live painting sessions at various clubs/events. the one coming up I have to do is a party thrown by Camel cigarettes and they want me to paint the new logos, etc. while people drink and party around me. Here's where the problem comes in...Smoking (Lung cancer, Emphysema) killed my Mother when I was young and I vowed to never do a job promoting smoking in any form. Now I'd basically be painting giant ads. Do I do do this gig or not? Am I an asshole or a guy who needs to pay the bills?

You know I'm 100% behind you in whatever you do . You have to only ask yourself , " Am I going to do this project and expose myself and my art for the greater cause ? " . Because in the long run , most people will forget the smokes , the open bar , etc..but they will remember the atmosphere around them . I don't think it would be bad because it is a local thing , even though funded by RJ Reynolds . Either way I don't think you'll make a bad choice . :cool:

I was about to come in here and write some deep thoughts about getting your wisdom teeth removed. However I have been tricked!

I thought the same when i read the title

I got four bottom left molars (back four teeth, I'm not sure if they are all molars or not) pulled last year