roommate/apartment choice

cinchedwaist7

which place will it be?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I need your help deciding what apartment to get with my future roommate.

We are both grad students, both get along extremely well, bleh bleh bleh and

have 2 options:

Option 1:

$900

2 huge bedrooms

kinda crappy carpet

built in bookcase

big dining room

big front room

fireplace

front screened in patio

back patio

pretty yard

I'll be saving alot of money

Option 2:

$525

2 small bedrooms

very charming/quaint/cute

small front room

small kitchen

small dining area

pretty yard

So basically, it is size vs. cost.

~$215 a month for rent sounds great but the place is small

~living in a huge place sounds nice but the rent is more expensive.

Other factors:

option 2 is within walking distance to bars and a pretty park

Option 2 is across the street from a couple of our good friends

Option 1 would be good for parties/social events (although we don't have too much time for such given that we are in grad school)

in a few years when department funding may or may not be low, it would be nice to have a cheap place so we don't have to worry about $ as much.

Have any of you guys lived in a small place w roomates?

advice?

we keep on going back and forth and cannot come to a conclusion!

help...:confused:

there is also the roommate factor. I have never had one b4 and neither has my girl.

we get along very well.

but do you think living in a big place will make us less likely to kill one another or

does it even matter?

thanks in advance for your help.

and I cannot believe how big this girl's ass is

0016.jpg

amazing...

but don't get too distracted, i still want advice dammit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First of all that ass cant be real.

Second how much room do you really need? Having a giant place is cool until you have to clean it up after a party. I lived in a huge house and small apt. I would frankly go with the option two. More cash in pocket easy to clean, room to fit all your basic needs. you dont have possibly too much space and not enough to do with it.

The apt I am moving into is perfect 2 decent sized bedrooms upstairs, small living room, decent kitchen, patio. Way better than the massive house I was living in. However instead of it being haunted it has ghetto people with kids downstairs...I think they throw rocks at the ceiling...

^^ ugh. you don't want to know.

a shitty little town in the middle of no where texas.

moving from chicago to here has been quite the adjustment.

there is also the roommate factor. I have never had one b4 and neither has my girl.

we get along very well.

but do you think living in a big place will make us less likely to kill one another or

does it even matter?

let me add this in the beginning post as wellllll

First of all that ass cant be real.

Second how much room do you really need? Having a giant place is cool until you have to clean it up after a party. I lived in a huge house and small apt. I would frankly go with the option two. More cash in pocket easy to clean, room to fit all your basic needs. you dont have possibly too much space and not enough to do with it.

The apt I am moving into is perfect 2 decent sized bedrooms upstairs, small living room, decent kitchen, patio. Way better than the massive house I was living in. However instead of it being haunted it has ghetto people with kids downstairs...I think they throw rocks at the ceiling...

i dunno....i found another

0007.jpg

I would love to have an upstairs/downstairs. however, that is not an option. :(

it's easy dude, option 2.

if you and your roomie to be are destined to kill each other the size might not be the main issue, besides if he's driving you nuts it's cool to have bars, park, friends near by if you need to chill. Plus extra bread in the pocket...

if you and your roommate get into it, it won't matter how big your apartment is because it will not be big enough. i say go for option 2. save yourself some money. fuck throwing parties. your house gets trashed, the cops will probably be called (especially since you are in texas), and you'll spend just as much money on booze as you would if you lived in a smaller apartment but you'll be paying twice as much for rent.