Virginia Tech Psycho

Larry Pubes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to use your post a springboard to free-write, Fermentor, so don't take this as some b.s. long-winded attack on you. Your post just so happened to stir up some think.

Sure, but I think that a 'media-saturated' culture is of nominal relevancy here. Feeling contempt for a society that one can't assimilate into, and wanting to eliminate as many members of that society as a result, is not a contemporary problem.

Being able to kill sixteen people with sixteen squeezes of the index, however, is.

Do you really think someone with such deep-rooted problems needs advertising to remind him that he feels like an 'outsider'?

IMO:

The problem isn't that Western(ized) cultures force you to assimilate into 'star-saturated' success-worship or live in squalor, as the choice to jump ship and live another way is always there if you want it badly enough.

To me, it seems that the problem at hand lies in an inability to percieve, and deal effectively with, reality.

The kid in question felt that he was living in a hateful, vindictive society where people craved more material success than they needed, and cared not for those that they 'rolled over' on their way to getting more.

(While I can see how a confused twenty-something could percieve the world this way, I'm aware enough of the world around me to know that this is not the case 100% of the time, 100% of everywhere you go. Hell, not even 75%.)

He felt that if he didn't live up to this way of life, or see the world as they did, he would be laughed at, alienated, socially crossed-out and left to live life alone.

If he felt this was wrong, and didn't want to be a part of such a 'shallow' culture, he could have gone AWOL, and let those who were okay such a life deal with their moral dilemmas on their own time.

Here lies the problem:

He felt that their way of life was 'wrong' and, based on his actions, that he was in the 'right' for ridding the planet of people with such 'caustic' demeanors.

Here is the reality:

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to live a life, and no one is ever forcing you, through ambient means, to be something you do not want to be.

There are ways that work for some people and other, different ways that work for other people, and other ways that work for other people still. If he felt that someone was denying him his happiness he should've mustered the gall to find it elsewhere. To turn around and end the lives of those who are finding their respective happiness is to act contrary to his premise - to be a hypocrite while swinging god's gavel, so to speak.

In the end, this kid didn't understand something that's pretty basic to most people:

That you can live a life however the hell you want to, so long as you're not denying others their happiness, and people (the ones that count, anyway) will be very accepting of you.

This kid didn't realize that he was free to do whatever the hell he wanted with his life and as a result, felt trapped.

And what does an animal do when it feels trapped?

It fights back.

But what traps the animal? It was said before that outside of the U.S., our culture is viewed as decadent and debaucherus. A lot of people in the states feel that way, too. Our generation has been so mind-fucked that it's only going to go downhill from here. Kids I go to school with don't even remember life before e-mail (I am much older than most of the students because I waited years to go to college). There is more stress now than ever, and the future looks bleak. To be sure, the shooter takes the blame, but not all of it.

also,look at his jacket,it says HU,his last name is HUI...kinda close eh?

remember u can think it was photoshoped if u dont want to believe any further.

His "last name" is CHO.

The "family name" is said first in East Asian countries. For example "Yao Ming"; the back of his jersey however says "Yao." Because that's the family name.

FF_104404_s.jpg

In the military its no different. Asians put their family name on the name tapes, even though it is technically said first.

Campus gunman's death video was direct copy of award-winning Korean revenge film

UK Daily Mail | April 19, 2007

The campus killer re-enacted scenes from a violent South Korean film in videos he made before he massacred 32 students and teachers.

Police believe Cho Seung-Hui repeatedly watched the movie Oldboy as part of what they now think was his meticulous preparation for the killing spree at Virginia Tech University.

Cho, 23, born in South Korea, spent six days before Monday's attacks recording the videos. In one pose he wields a hammer and in another he holds a gun to his head - both striking images from the movie.

Oldboy won awards at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival and was praised by Quentin Tarantino. It has been described as "an ultra violent movie of obsession and revenge" - themes that featured in English student Cho's essays.

Another pose where Cho displays both guns he used is reminiscent of the work of John Woo, the Hong Kong director of such violent action movies as Face/Off.

Clues to the motivation for Cho's killing spree came in a series of videos he posted to US television network NBC on the day of his rampage.

Police in Virginia are combing through Cho's videos, only excerpts of which have been shown on NBC, and notebooks. The similarity with Oldboy was spotted by Virginia Tech professor Paul Harrill who alerted authorities.

The emergence of the videos suggests Cho had carefully plotted the massacre over some time. He killed two of his victims shortly after 7am on Monday, then went back to his dormitory, collected the videos and posted them to NBC.

He then walked to another university building half a mile away on the campus where he shot 30 teachers and students in a languages and engineering block before turning the gun on himself.

NBC said today the videos had taken six days to make, strongly suggesting that Cho had thought through his macabre fantasies and how he would carry them out.

He stayed in a hotel for one night to record excerpts for his videos - described in some quarters as his "manifesto" - and also filmed himself-in the back of a car. Some shots appear to have been taken against the white wall of a dormitory room and show Cho in a number of menacing poses brandishing the guns he would turn on his victims.

What the British critics said about 'Oldboy'

Daily Mail: There's plenty of the obligatory nastiness... tongueslitting, skull-hammering, dental torture and (worst of all) the consumption of a live, wriggling octopus. Oldboy has moments of shock and erotic tension; but I found it a very long, hard slog, bringing no emotional reward.

Derek Malcom, Evening Standard: An extraordinary film, it makes Kill Bill look like the proverbial vicarage tea party. It's like a shaggy dog story told by a maniac. Perhaps the moral is that revenge makes madmen of us all. But I wouldn't like to bet on it.

Empire: Oldboy is all about extremity. You want torture? Try getting your head around the idea of being in solitary for 15 years. Violence? Check out the one-take corridor brawl in which the psychologically ravaged "hero" takes out a score of goons... with a claw-hammer.

The Times: knuckle-gnawing rollercoaster ride of detection and twisted revenge. Featuring a wickedly funny script, an amazing score, entirely captivating performances and an amazing fight scene, this deserved winner of the Jury Prize at Cannes 2004 is a truly astonishing work of art.

Peter Bradshaw, The Guardian: The terms "violent" or " ultraviolent" or even "super-ultraviolent" don't quite cover it. Imagine Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner rewritten by Kafka, with echoes of Seven and The Usual Suspects, set in an Asian sadoabattoir. A dark and thrillingly horrible adventure into the realms of the unthinkable.

we know very well how experiences modify our minds,or psychology,therefore anything u watch,hear,experience ,go through affects your state,u change,and getting people into thinking a way they want is what they aim for with all the tools they have.control the mind and the body will follow.

horror movies arent horror anymore,they are just torture scenes,come on,tell me about it! after 911 all that changed,the video games,the drugs,TV,reality shows,all that good time consuming stuff that zombies like so much it is put there because of something,but again if you are blind you wont see it,how diverse its God's creation eh?

But what traps the animal?

In the case of a human animal like the shooter - his own distorted take on reality.

I think we need to start reminding people that there's more than 3 ways to live a life. From a young age, kids in Western culture should provided with practical examples of how to live a life not bound to conventional success.

Maybe then we'd start seeing fewer timebombs. Maybe not.

i think i'm going to stop discussing this tragedy all together.

it seems fruitless to try and make any sense out of the senseless.

cia connections or not. ya know?

in fact, no matter what happened on september 11th, no matter who

was involved and how much insanity took place in those few minutes,

we can never change as a country until people get hold of themselves

and not only question, but get answers for all of those questions.

we are a lazy society.

pig headed. stubborn.

and ya know what? i don't think bush really had to steal those elections (even though he did. kinda obvious.) i think americans would have let him win anyway. i think we got snookered into a deal with the son of the devil. family ties. rich kids. papa bears friends got jobs.

fuck, man. we've reached a point in this country where things our forefathers fought hard to make sure our country got. so we could be different. stand out. really outshine how other nations work. but now it's in the hands of the ultra rich and they only want to be more so.

power, "the gold",

mcduck.gif

dick cheney

it's all just craziness.

juan, why don't you go blog or start a youtube video diary of your rants instead of splashing them in every single goddamn thread ad nauseum. it's seriously getting annoying.

why don't you just put him on ignore if you don't like his comments? Your whiny little girl attitude is annoying. I don't agree with everything Juan says either, but it makes for good forum discussion and his point of view, even if you don't like it or agree with is has a right to be here. the beautiful thing about free speech is you don't have to listen to it , or read it. so stop crying about it.

i think i'm going to stop discussing this tragedy all together.

it seems fruitless to try and make any sense out of the senseless.

cia connections or not. ya know?

in fact, no matter what happened on september 11th, no matter who

was involved and how much insanity took place in those few minutes,

we can never change as a country until people get hold of themselves

and not only question, but get answers for all of those questions.

we are a lazy society.

pig headed. stubborn.

and ya know what? i don't think bush really had to steal those elections (even though he did. kinda obvious.) i think americans would have let him win anyway. i think we got snookered into a deal with the son of the devil. family ties. rich kids. papa bears friends got jobs.

fuck, man. we've reached a point in this country where things our forefathers fought hard to make sure our country got. so we could be different. stand out. really outshine how other nations work. but now it's in the hands of the ultra rich and they only want to be more so.

power, "the gold",

mcduck.gif

dick cheney

it's all just craziness.

to add, i really don't think that these "people" have as much power as we give em credit for.

why?

look around, we're doing a fine job of fucking everything up for ourselves anyway. it seems that down the line instead of rooting out the source of these issues, we'll end up fightin each other out of sheer frustration.

it worked out for hiphop that way............:(

to add, i really don't think that these "people" have as much power as we give em credit for.

why?

look around, we're doing a fine job of fucking everything up for ourselves anyway. it seems that down the line instead of rooting out the source of these issues, we'll end up fightin each other out of sheer frustration.

it worked out for hiphop that way............:(

you're right. it will be a giant re-enactment of the ape scene in "2001: a space odyssey"

why don't you just put him on ignore if you don't like his comments? Your whiny little girl attitude is annoying. I don't agree with everything Juan says either, but it makes for good forum discussion and his point of view, even if you don't like it or agree with is has a right to be here. the beautiful thing about free speech is you don't have to listen to it , or read it. so stop crying about it.

gaywood! great idea brah! oh, and dude, i thought the last word was in the other thread, but now i've seen 2 little butthurt comments directed at me in other threads. i can understand you getting your pissy pants on after i clowned you into a pile of crumpled up pink panties, but following me around into other threads is verging on total gay stalker syndrome. as for juan, right gaywood, his contribution has been stupendous, all mind controlled robo-slave related. since i started this thread for serious discussion i would like to keep it that way without veering off into unsubstantiated conspiracy fluff. but you like fluff so i can understand you coming to his defense like a 'whiny little girl'.

you're right, I don't even know why i argue with you, the sniveling little condescending tone in your posts makes me want to hurt you , especially when you use my terms and phrases that I used on you in earlier posts and turn them on me. Your so clever, Larry and I'm clowned to death right now in my pink panties and butthurt comments. I could spend all night on here outsmarting you with funnier jokes that you would recycle and try to use on me later but.... where is that ignore button?

i only turn them on you because of the irony gaywood. the snivelling condescension is getting under your skin? then maybe you should relax a bit a realize that this all started with some tart playfulness that you responded to waaay over the top. all this garbage about you breaking my face in real life is pretty damn funny, mostly because it's the internet and because i thought you were sharper than that. you can dish it on gays, but can't deal with it when somebody levels it back at ya. come on bro, have a laugh it's only the internet. but hey, you can keep playing the tough guy and i can clown you all day. whattya say dawood, bury the hatchet?

You know what, I just recently watched "Oldboy" before this whole thing went down, and I have to say there is nothing in that movie even remotely approaching a school shooting. The dude kicks some ass with a hammer, and pulls some guys teeth out, and there's some incest shit, but nothing at all like killing 32 college students. The "media" is full of shit.

i think it is all more than just killing of random people. dude was sick in the head. gun laws aside it would of happend regardless if he bought a gun some what legaly. it goes more into the natural want of being famous or imfamous most people desire. i bet when the news first broke most people probbally thought it was some down in the dumps loner white guy. saidly more mass murders and serial killers re white males with strang faimly ties with there mothers. they blame on this lies with not only the killer. its also with his parent, the soical serives that knew he was a potianl mencae. i am probblay onr of the only few who dont falut the school for not shutting down after the first killings.it appared to be a domestic killing. you dont ever hear of compton shutting in its resident when tyrone kills lakisha and rayray after finding them fucking in hid bed.