quit my job, fuck working on cars, need opinions

Avancier2

For me its really a situation of not wanting to make my career the same as my hobby. There are import performance shops scattered around in my area, but all of them are farther than I am willing to drive. Some of them I would not want to work at. Besides that, the owner/operators of those shops are usually set up with their boys working there, so its not much of a chance of me getting in. Plus I can still make more money doing something else.

Aiiiiight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive worked at a lube shop for the past year, and while the pay isnt spectacular(10/hr), the work is fun and my coworkers are chill folk. my boss is probably the biggest compulsive liar ive ever encountered, but its kind of funny in a way. keep working on whips, just at a better place.

For real, eh? That sounds fucked up. People get fired at my dealership all the time, but not for shit like this.

Your service advisor is an idiot, and so is your boss.

Some of the techs make some decent money at my shop. They work maybe 36 hours a week and make a decent living. The slow season is done...

But I hear you...I wanna get into some other shit, too, but I don't know what. University costs too much and it would be who knows how long before I even get a bachelor doing parttime..

Im just glad i got out of this business now and not in 10 years when Im 36 and the window for a career change is closing faster and faster.

Im just glad i got out of this business now and not in 10 years when Im 36 and the window for a career change is closing faster and faster.

I'm your age and I'm thinking about going back to school while I finish my apprenticeship and maybe even become a service advisor...

I should kill myself. But stupid me is going to convince himself not to...after all, I just got a new iPod today.

Nah homes, you dont want to be a service writer/advisor. That job has to suck. The constant pressure from all ends- sales, parts, and of course service depts. And then you have to deal with the customers. Also, if your techs arent turning time, you arent making money either.