The perfect doughnut...

dosa312

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The perfect moment...

naw man, you can do what you want, i just feel like.... i dont know. breakdancing hasnt really 'progressed' at all over the last 25 years it seems. infact, if anything id say its almost regressed. of course i dont know a whole lot about breakdancing, just what i see kids doing while im djing. but never the less, it just looks....recycled. then again, whatever, do you.

hey, not trying to hate, but this just isn't correct at all.

Just curious, you guys really think bboying hasn't progressed at all? Cause I see it light years beyond what it used to be. Granted, right now there's kind of an old-school revival, but shit is nuts nowadays.

Do you feel the same about skateboarding? I don't see it being particularly more advanced from what I'm used to, but I'm sure those who follow it definitely see a difference. I'm wondering if it's more a case of not really giving enough of a shit about something to notice it progressing through the years.

skateboarding hasn't progressed much in as far as the tricks people are doing (unless you count combinations of tricks/doing them switch etc), it's just being done alot faster/higher/longer/on more insane obstacles as the days go by. 10 years ago it was almost unthinkable that someone could ollie 15 stairs, and just last year someone kickflipped 20.

mamerro i agree with you.. and i think people are a little quick to judge bboying based on what they remember from when it was commercialized in the 80s.

in the last decade there's been a progression in bboying that is basically equivalent to how rodney mullen affected skateboarding.

but again it comes down to whether people give enough of a shit about it or not. people who don't follow bboying think its the same as its always been; likewise people who don't skateboard think "who's rodney mullen?"