10 flagrant grandma mistakes that make her look stupid

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: 10 flagrant grammer mistake that makes you look stupid

Here's one for you ABC. Numbers from one to ten should be spelled out. Numbers greater than ten such as 11 can be expressed with numerals.

I don't know if that's a rule or a matter of class

Here's one for you ABC. Numbers from one to ten should be spelled out. Numbers greater than ten such as 11 can be expressed with numerals.

I don't know if that's a rule or a matter of class

maybe its different per country, but here i think the only "rule" for that is that you are continuous in your usage. if you start an essay by spelling numbers out, then you should continue spelling numbers out in the rest of the essay.

There's one pronounciation mistake that makes me laugh every time when I hear it.

Person saying it is usually either the bald dumb fuck from "future weapons" on Discovery Channel or president George double you Bush.

"nukkiler weppins..." hah!

maybe its different per country, but here i think the only "rule" for that is that you are continuous in your usage. if you start an essay by spelling numbers out, then you should continue spelling numbers out in the rest of the essay.

yeah it's not a strict rule. but it makes you look like a silly plebeian if you write

something like "the artist only produced 1 work in the 1612 but produced 3 in 1613."

doyaseewhatimean?

I love it when newsreaders say something totally retarded and teenage girl-like, such as,

"There was literally a whirlwind of activity at the concert."

I saw a movie review in a local newspaper today that covered grindhouse, and it opened the review with something like "Movie theatres showing grindhouse should have been passing out tortilla chips on opening night, to prepare the viewers for what they were in for. Cheese."

How does someone like that get a job writing?

Who cares? As long as you get your point across language serves its function. Most of those mistakes don't interfere at all in getting the point across. Grammar and spelling mistakes like that might suggest a lack of education, but I don't equate that to stupidity. If there are so many mistakes that something is difficult to understand, then yes, that's bad. ALsO IT's teRRiBle WhEN PeOpLe tYpE liKe THIs.