super weak. fuck you suburbanites, i love cheese platters.

rental

here's the jist of it. ive been having a little hissy fit since last night because i went to a wedding shower and they didnt eat my cheese platter. like, i ate more this morning for breakfast than 30-40 women and girls did last night.

when i was laying out my cheeses on the cutting board, i was telling the maid of honor about each of them and she's like "wow. youre so...cultured......." like it was offensive or some shit to her that i have knowledge about cheese other than kraft.

and when i was like "why's no one eating the cambozola? its really mild. all of the cheeses are" (because i knew i was feeding suburban church-going women) she said "its probably because it looks funny." what? because its very slightly marbled with blue? someone actually cut a piece of the mold out and wiped it off on the cutting board. what are you? 5 years old? come the fuck on.

im sorry, was i supposed to bring american cheese and ritz crackers? what the fuck.

here are the cheeses that i bought for last night:

Cambozola.jpg

cambozola-like a very mild blue

goatcheese_salad.jpg

goat cheese mixed with fig-very sweet and creamy, similar to maybe a whipped cream cheese with little pieces of fig mixed in.

Celtic%20Brie%204.jpg

brie

cotswold.jpg

cotswold-basically, a cheddar with a sour cream and chives flavor.

and i served it with

caviar_prd_182_med.jpg

toast

wheat-thins_LRG.jpg

wheat thins

111_2898428754.JPG

water crackers

galafrt4.jpg

and apples

please share your love for cheese with me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the angriest cheese thread i've ever seen.

:lol: i dont use smilies often, my friend, but you drove me to it. im going to take that as a compliment. that was pretty funny

dont let the man take your joy of cheese platters away from you. there was also a fiasco before the shower involving "candied" walnuts that were supposed to be served with the cheeses. i accidentally set the oven to 500 instead of 300...

i have 8 cups of burnt walnuts and pecans with sugar and cinnamon chilling on the counter.

i would have been all up on that brie..i hear its good off the grill too.

..but probably not the other kinds...not into moldy cheese...just not my cup of tea.

have you ever tried some queso fresco? just crumble some on a warm tortilla...mmm..

queso245x205.jpg

i like panela too...good as a sandwich with lettuce and tuhmaters.

and queso oaxaca too.

it suprises me that grown women (and men) will turn their nose up at something without even trying it. what are you, 5? it's food. just throw a bit in your mouth. if you don't like the taste it'll be over in a few seconds. but chances are you'll probably like it, becuase if people go to the trouble of manufacturing it, it's probably because it tastes good, ass.

Nothing goes better with an asian pear than a piece of goat cheese, throw in a glass of mustcato di asti and Im in heaven. :scrambled: (/no homo?)

In Israel I would go to the open air markets to buy cheese. They would ask you what you wanted and then cut it off the wheel for you and wrap it up. I hear its the same in europe in some places. America needs more open air markets.

it suprises me that grown women (and men) will turn their nose up at something without even trying it. what are you, 5? it's food. just throw a bit in your mouth. if you don't like the taste it'll be over in a few seconds. but chances are you'll probably like it, becuase if people go to the trouble of manufacturing it, it's probably because it tastes good, ass.

i've tried the blue stuff before and i didn't care for it. i'll try almost anything once. that's how i got turned on to brie. my cousin had a party and she laid out a few cheeses she picked up from trader joes. i tried every one of them and wound up liking about three of them. i remember the brie tasting good...i forget the names of the others. just like you said, "if people go to the trouble of manufacturing it, it's probably because it tastes good...". there's this stinky ass mexican cheese that my dad brings from mexico...and i don't like that one either. it's a matter of personal taste i guess.

:D

I think if you're church going there is already a blandness to your personality by default. I hate it when you try to introduce people to something interesting and they reject it because it is unfamiliar. My parents raised me eating all sorts of bizarre shit, so I go out of my way to experiment with new foods.