Sopranos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Most underrated character was Bobby----I'm now realizing that Bobby didnt really move up the ranks fast to becoming Tony's number 2, it was a long slow build, Tony wanted what Jr had with Bobby for Chris but Chris always had his mind into other including drugs, he longed for the ultimate humility and awe that Bobby had for Jr tending, soaking up all his knowledge like a sponge doing whatever he said without catching too much feelings. Bobby invoked fear into the union dude without bussing his gun and it was Bobby that sat at Jr trail and eyed the weak Jury so he could get leaned on. When Tony was talking on depending on family to avoid the jail or can, he was thinking of Bobby and Jr relationship

Although he appeared weak at times, and took a few bumps along the way all the Captains did, from Sil catching asthma attacks, Chrissy playing away games and being a druggie, Paulie sucking NY dick/The Pine barrons, Vito a fag, Ralphie a deranged confused fag, Bobby aint seem that weak in the grand scheme of things

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:17 PM, glorydays said:

True detective is def on par with Sopranos

But the strength to season ratio was strong with Sopranos

The wire was good. I just dont think i've rewatched the wire as much as the sopranos

I would consider rewatchability and how good each season was

I feel like the sopranos had a back to back quality to it  

To be frank I think it's a bit hard to compare The Sopranos to The Wire and True Detective.

A bit like comparing a classic rock album to a heavy metal album and a punkrock album.

"Rewatchability" is a good inication for a show being great or not though.

I did re-watch Sopranos multiple times, True Detective's first season one time, and The Wire still is on my list to re-watch but somehow haven't gotten 'round to do it yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

"Rewatchability" is a good inication for a show being great or not though.

I did re-watch Sopranos multiple times, True Detective's first season one time, and The Wire still is on my list to re-watch but somehow haven't gotten 'round to do it yet.

it's weird i think of all these shows as classics but none of them have ever had too much rewatching happen.

my wife has never seen sopranos so I've got a feeling a rewatch might be in order.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, Schnitzel said:

it's weird i think of all these shows as classics but none of them have ever had too much rewatching happen.

my wife has never seen sopranos so I've got a feeling a rewatch might be in order.

I have rewatched it in its entirety 5x since it came out originally.

We never had HBO and I was loc’d out so I never watched it when it originally aired. 

Shit is so good.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:34 AM, nicklesndimes said:

may need to jump on the bandwagon and watch true detective finally..and to stay on thread topic may try the sopranos spinoff as well

Season 1 is one of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV. Have watched s1 maybe like 4-5 times. 

• 4 weeks later...