Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sopranos

i watched it from start to finish in a few weeks once, gave all my dvds to my bro while he lived in a halfway house and now they are gone i think.

worth buying the set. probably my favorite show ever, any of you who dont know....Boardwalk Empire is done by some of the same production folks or writers or some shit and that is really awesome too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

worth buying the set. probably my favorite show ever

4125dad2.jpg

Deff one of the best TV shows ever (tied with Entourage and Oz for my favorite, The Wire being a close second). Bought every season on DVD and it was well worth it. Still watch it to this day, despite how many times I've seen every episode. HBO makes the greatest series bar none imo.

4125dad2.jpg

Deff one of the best TV shows ever (tied with Entourage and Oz for my favorite, The Wire being a close second). Bought every season on DVD and it was well worth it. Still watch it to this day, despite how many times I've seen every episode. HBO makes the greatest series bar none imo.

wow my thoughts exactly. how to make it in america is awesome as well

^HBO series FTW.

I can't place Oz over The Wire...I liked it, but it just got way too unbelievable for me to take it any more seriously than mindless entertainment, ala Sons of Anarchy.

The Sopranos (aside from the whole episode dream sequences) was top notch though. Deadwood and Carnivale are two other well done ones that get little to no shine on the oontz.

• 9 years later...
1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

Oh shit, i heard his son played him but i thought they meant his son in the show haha.. this makes more sense. 

couple leaked shots but no proper teaser yet that i know of 

577C5E04-3227-417E-8B1D-8C925DFEAE9C.jpeg

This show has so many quotables and one liners its insane...

"I went over for a blowjob..Your mother was working the bon bon concession at the eiffel tower"

Junior and his moldy old sweaters

Im fodder for cartonists now?

The scene with jonny sack and the boss where hes asking him about the ginny sack joke... "He wants to fuck her?"

Carmine was hilarious with his words----- " meeting of the minds"

I been rewatching this show every 3-4 months since 2010 my GOAT series

• Like 2

These guys had the goat jokes and deliveries. It was all fun and games until the joke was about them.

Ralphie's call to paulie's mom. "We found him with a boyscout and a gerbil up his ass."

Ralph to paulie at the sitdown. "I can be on time tomorrow but you'll be stupid forever."

Richie about christopher. "That camel nosed fuck. The only guy I know who can smoke a cigarette in the rain with both hands tied behind his back."

The slippers and a dildo joke.

Paulie about the jews "Haseedem but I don't believe em."

Paulie and christopher had the greatest exchanges though. "He was an interior decorator, he killed czechslovakians." "Really? His house looked like shit."

Tony sonning bobby. "Get off my car before you tip it over you fat fuck." "I got something to tell that calzone with legs."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glorydays said:

the ONLY show HBO came out with that was all time greatest

hmm The Wire/True Detective would like a word 

Personally I’d agree Sopranos had more of a cultural impact than the other two but they’re up there on the best shows ever made list. I wouldn’t say Sopranos is the ONLY HBO show that touched greatness 

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, Kults said:

hmm The Wire/True Detective would like a word 

Personally I’d agree Sopranos had more of a cultural impact than the other two but they’re up there on the best shows ever made list. I wouldn’t say Sopranos is the ONLY HBO show that touched greatness 

True detective is def on par with Sopranos

But the strength to season ratio was strong with Sopranos

The wire was good. I just dont think i've rewatched the wire as much as the sopranos

I would consider rewatchability and how good each season was

I feel like the sopranos had a back to back quality to it  

• Truth 1

14 minutes ago, glorydays said:

True detective is def on par with Sopranos

But the strength to season ratio was strong with Sopranos

The wire was good. I just dont think i've rewatched the wire as much as the sopranos

I would consider rewatchability and how good each season was

I feel like the sopranos had a back to back quality to it  

I agree completely.

Although I loved TD, S2-3 really didn't hit the same high marks as the first. Same with The Wire. First 3 seasons are great after that it just kinda petered out. Overall they're still infinitely better (even the weaker seasons) than most of the disposable garbage that's on TV.

Other than a few weaker EPs Sopranos stayed consistent. The only ones I skip or skim on rewatches are the fever dream, the dad's mistress, the furio/carmela storyline and the few ep's where its all about the mother

• Truth 2

3 minutes ago, Kults said:

I agree completely.

Although I loved TD, S2-3 really didn't hit the same high marks as the first. Same with The Wire. First 3 seasons are great after that it just kinda petered out. Overall they're still infinitely better (even the weaker seasons) than most of the disposable garbage that's on TV.

Other than a few weaker EPs Sopranos stayed consistent. The only ones I skip or skim on rewatches are the fever dream, the dad's mistress, the furio/carmela storyline and the few ep's where its all about the mother

I love the ep when paulie was stuck in the woods with chris

and the show made me appreciate film making and got me into more independent films

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

8 minutes ago, glorydays said:

I love the ep when paulie was stuck in the woods with chris

and the show made me appreciate film making and got me into more independent films

That’s my favourite in the entire series. Pine Barrens 

Steve Buscemi directed that one 

• Truth 1