Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xploda11

Getting away with it, in Australia

there's plenty of advice on what to do in America if you have a run in with the law but what about Australia? So if any Australian writers out there know anything, share what you know

Haha, really? I thought it was MUCH harsher.

Yes.. infact, all rules are rule 1. there is only 1 rule. that is DONT GET CAUGHT!

I have not experienced this. I can tell you the legalities though.

Fines are a maximum of 25 penatly units ($100 per unit). That is for defacing ANY type of public transport in anyway. I'd expect the law to prosecute you further however, and of course painting trains would give you a much higher cost of fines (IF YOU WERE CAUGHT, in which case u shouldnt be, because ur smart enough i hope)

For buildings im not sure, but depending on age (minors), they MAY give u a slap on the wrist and community services with small fines.

It really depends what you do, and how much of it.

Hope this helps slightly.

its equally harsh as in america

though cops are less likely to beat you stupid

i just caught my 2nd rap, and got away with 60 hours CS

getting away with it once you get caught is next to impossible

just run your ass off if you get lit up, no matter if its a cop or street hero

oh i been caught once but we hadn't started painting yet we were just climbing and i got away with a warning. they showed me a sheet that had some shit about possession and that the maximum fine is like 3 years jail?

its equally harsh as in america

though cops are less likely to beat you stupid

i just caught my 2nd rap, and got away with 60 hours CS

getting away with it once you get caught is next to impossible

just run your ass off if you get lit up, no matter if its a cop or street hero

I've run from hero's, cops, store workers heck even other writers but one day your bound to have no choice to try and talk your way out of it

I only run from cops and transit. Street heros will shit themselves if the cunt they're trying to scare off turns around and starts shit. Unless you're like some 15 year old kid, then you should go home quit writing till you can handle yourself.

Australia is pretty fucking harsh, harsher than America.

Whatever you do, don't get caught.

One of my friends who was 16 at the time got busted in the act, had a trial, got a pretty huge fine and is on a good behaviour thing that means if he gets caught doing any more graffiti he goes to juvenile detention for 3 years.

Australia is pretty fucking harsh, harsher than America.

says who? there are dudes in the states that got slapped with a million+ in fines and jail time. you'd have to do 10 times as much to get that penalty in australia, and that's coming from an aussie. this isn't a pissing contest, so don't give me this "australia's harder" shit. it's not. it's just as hard/easy as the next place. don't get it twisted, it's all luck, the judge, and your lawyer. you could get off with a slap on the wrist or you could get an ass-raping, doesn't matter which side of the pond you're on.

you wanna get away with it, don't get caught.

if you get caught, shut the FUCK up. seriously, you open your mouth and you'll dump yourself and everyone you know in it. don't be a pussy or a rookie.

lawyer-up straight away and let him/her do the talking. say nothing excpet "i would like to see my lawyer" to any question you get asked. when your lawyer arrives they'll tell you when to talk and what to say. if it comes down to it, pay for a lawyer. it might cost a bundle, but it's going to be alot less than what you'll end up paying in fines if you don't get a good lawyer.

this applies to australia, america, england or fuckin zimbabwe. it's a no brainer. but if you're on here asking how to get away with it you're either a scared rabbit or you're not doing shit worth mentioning, let alone getting arrested for.

case

fuckin

closed