iguana racing bucket tyrade, stop and play bongos

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ignorant racist bullshit is tired, so stop or get banned.

damn, I'm glad to see it finally went ''there'' . I got tired of all the Psuedo aryan posturing and beating arond the bush. I'm glad one you white boys manned up and just brought it. Also props to Seeking for having half a brain on a site full of poseurs and toys.

sharpton-6-22-03-fcc.jpg

Re: teh racism lubbin kraKURRZ R runingz our forumZZZ! chIll or ELSEEERZ!

For some reason, something tells me they would

bring back underground hip hop(in a good way)

and put music videos back on MTV.

I don't know why I feel this way...

but they have my vote!

Re: ignorant racist bullshit is tired, so stop and play bongos

I scream on people for being hateful weird-asses all the time.

I'm not some mushy, ultra-liberal faggot, either. I just happen to be living around a lot of really dumb, small-town, boring blue-collar white people that've never really known a black dude outside of jail, or a probation lobby.

The sad part is that I still defend dumbshits like these when people try to dismiss them as 'stupid white trash'.

People are dumb as fuck.

I'm getting tired of holding hands and doing the thinking for them.

Does that sound arrogant?

Re: ignorant racist bullshit is tired, so stop and play bongos

...The sad part is that I still defend dumbshits like these when people try to dismiss them as 'stupid white trash'...

Does that sound arrogant?

Not at all.

Racism is just another form of not understanding something

for what it really is. You defending "stupid white trash" might

be tiring, but its pretty awesome at the same time. It's all

relative and not all seemingly racist people are hate filled

nazi's. Just because a certain person doesn't understand

doesn't mean that they don't deserve the respect of being

a normal human. Hating on people is what we do. For thousands

of years, hate is the unchanging force that fueled revolutions.

I'm not saying its a good thing up front, but I am saying

that not all hate is racism. Sometimes is just someones lack

of understanding, whether it's their scope on life, or the distance

from other cultures on top of historical inaccuracies.

Defend your friends, and they in turn can learn to respect your

views on ideas and on peoples.

You don't sound arrogant for getting frustrated either.

Sometimes you just gotta sit back watch the world stab itself

in the back. It's happened before, and it WILL happen again.

Racial slur on sofa label stuns family

Mother had to explain to daughter, 7 origin of 'totally unacceptable' word on wrapping of furniture built overseas

210259_3.JPG

Doris Moore's 7-year-old daughter, Olivia, spotted this label on covering around a new sofa set.

Apr 06, 2007 04:30 AM

Jim Wilkes

Staff Reporter

When the new chocolate-coloured sofa set was delivered to her Brampton home, Doris Moore was stunned to see packing labels describing the shade as "Nigger-brown."

She and husband Douglas purchased a sofa, loveseat and chair in dark brown leather last week from Vanaik Furniture and Mattress store on Dundas St. E. Moore, 30, who describes herself as an African-American born and raised in New York, said it was her 7-year-old daughter who pointed out the label just after delivery men from the Mississauga furniture store left.

"She's very curious and she started reading the labels," Moore explained. "She said, `Mommy, what is nig ... ger brown?' I went over and just couldn't believe my eyes."

She said yesterday each piece had a similar label affixed to the woven protective covering wrapped around the furniture.

"In this day and age, that's totally unacceptable," Moore said.

Douglas explained the origins of the word to daughter Olivia, telling how it was a bad name that blacks were called during the days of slavery in the United States.

"It was tough, because she really didn't understand," Moore said. "She'd never heard that word before and didn't really understand the concept of it."

Moore, who has a younger son and daughter, said she's heard the word used many times, although it has never been directed in anger at her.

"But it's a very, very bad word that makes you feel degraded, like you're a nobody," she said.

Moore said she called the furniture store the following day and three other times since, and feels discouraged that no one has returned her calls. When interviewed yesterday by the Star, Romesh Kumar, Vanaik's assistant manager, passed the buck to his supplier, Cosmos Furniture in Scarborough.

"Why should I take the blame?" he said. "I'm a trader, I don't manufacture. I sell from 20 companies, maybe 50 companies. How can I take care of all of them?"

He said that he would check similar stock and make sure other labels were removed.

"That's terrible, that's a racial ... something?" Kumar said. "This is entirely wrong, but it's not my fault. It's my job to sell good product to people."

He said the best he could do is to give Moore the telephone number of his supplier, so she could take it up with him. The owner of Cosmos Furniture, Paul Kumar, no relation to Romesh, said he was upset to learn packing labels on products he sold carried a racial epithet.

"I import my products from overseas," he said. "I've never noticed anything like that. This is something new to me."

He passed the blame to a Chinese company, but apologized for the labels. He said he would contact the furniture maker in Guangzhou and demand they remove all similar labels. Moore said she's not sure she wants the sofa set in her home.

"Every time I sit on it, I'll think of that," she said.

http://www.thestar.com/article/200265