Need Help from members of the forum

SurfaceSkratcher

Pretty crazy for a first post.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Al and I attend the University of Guam. I am a Sociology major and currently writing my research paper on graffiti. I'm seeking help from the members of the forum. The basis for my paper has to come from what actual people have to say regarding my topic. In order to do this, I have come up with a questionnaire. I would really appreciate it if members of the forum could fill it out and email it back to me (ajr671@gmail.com). The questionnaire is completely anonymous. My paper will not contain any personal information and is also anonymous.

I've only had a small bit of experience with graf. I wasn't good at it so I stuck to my turntables. But I can't base my paper on my own personal experiences.. Thats why I'm on the forum seeking your help. Please fill out the questionnaire as best as you can and if possible email it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Here it is:

1. What are you thinking while you are in the act?

2. Are you aware that what you are doing is a crime?

3. Is there meaning behind what you paint? Explain.

4. Is there significance in the locations you choose?

5. What motivates you to do graffiti?

Examples:

It’s a rush

It’s a way to show off your art

For the desire to be known – whether good or bad

6. How do risks such as going to jail affect you?

Examples:

Does it discourage you from continuing?

Does it, in a way, push you further into what you are doing?

7. How does graffiti affect you in the long run?

Examples:

Are you able to quit?

Are you interested in other things in life such as education?

8. How does it affect your family?

Examples:

Do they worry about you?

Are they affected by your actions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
haha oh shit fuckin nips from guam wanting me to fill out their surveys. here you go you fuckin asp bird eating motherfucker.

"i wonder if that dude has re-upped yet... and i gotta hurry so i can get home and catch the rest of the oc."

that is why i do it. i enjoy breaking the law.

gang related shit of course.

turf war.

drugs and anger.

Examples:

It’s a rush

Examples:

jail sucks. but then again, sitting around getting fat and lazy abiding by the law sucks. so pretty much you get zooted or just angry and bored and are like,'fuck it.'

Examples:

Are you able to quit?

i've been doing it for 10yrs and im not interested in shit except money drugs and women.

Examples:

Do they worry about you?

they were like fuck you dude grow up and get a job.

My paper will not contain any personal information and is also anonymous.

PROPS BRO Keep my checking account out of this as well, for I'm fitting to cut you fat checks

Here it is:

Why I am I not getting laid.. Oh yeah cus I filled with hate

No Fuck that this is expression. Just kidding if it were legal I'd never do it. Unless I'm doing dusty fillins of vagins in grocery stores

It means if you don't like it get the fuck out, you undeserving prick bastard. It means you'll see my name in the morning and everyday till one ofyou jackels clean it the fuck off. It also means in every way I'm much better than you.

I paint where I fuck, you see I hit that pussy right allday long. It drives them crazy then they see my name and they're like calling there girls all like "doodz I think I'm sleeping with a god". Then these fucking Nation Hoes drive to buy me smokes.

The amount pussy is amazing. Also I enjoy waking up early the next day waking the block I was at and staying there untill an owner comes out saying "Ohh my window, these fucking jackels. God damn it. This will cost me thousands, whaaaaa." Shit the best pictures I take are people point and crying about the building getting fucked up by great letters.

It's an added bonus.. there's mad much sex there. I mean yeah it's with men but cumming is cumming.

I'm 35 years old I teach retarded highschoolers. I have a 9 year old girl and a 5 year old retard I care about education. Fuck you for that damn judgemental question.

Last year when my father past mom had asked me to do a piece of the family name on the casket, I was like "oh sure" but serious fuck that I put up my grafftasticTagg name.

YES! YES! OH FUCK YES!

GRAFFITI IS NOT A CRIME!:mad:

I LIKE TO EXPRESS MYSELF SON.

COMMON NIGGA.

I WANT THE EXPOSURE

Examples:

It’s a rush

I WANT TO BE THE KING BITCH!

THE KING!

Examples:

I WOULD NOT MIND GOING TO JAIL. IF I DO GO I'LL JUST MEET UP WITH ALL MY COUSINS AND PATNAS!

Examples:

Are you able to quit?

GRAFFITI WILL BE AROUND FOR EVER.

FOR EVER EVER

EVER EVER

EVER EVA!

Examples:

Do they worry about you?

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA GET YO PAINTING ON. THEY UNDERSTAND.

ill help you out.

i wrote a thesis on graff a couple years ago and the best way is to get actual interviews. i was about to get a few and i was also able to get some help from the forum. Send pms and emails with an attached survey, thats they best way to get actual information. i got a couple good ones, some shitty ones and some that i just laughed at. personalize it.

OK, I'm not suprised at all by the replys I got. I was actually expecting to get flamed a little but I had to try regardless cause I'm short on personel accounts.

To all of you who replyed and filled out the questionaire thank you. Although your replys were a bit on the sacastic side I can use them. Just to set things straight this paper is not at all bashing graffiti.

Sociology is an academic and applied discipline that studies society and human social interaction. Sociological research ranges from the analysis of short contacts between anonymous individuals on the street to the study of global social processes. The field focuses on how and why people are organized in society, either as individuals or as members of associations, groups, and institutions. Sociological research provides educators, planners, lawmakers, administrators, developers, business leaders, and people interested in resolving social problems and formulating public policy with rationales for the actions that they take.

We all know Graffiti is a crime in a sense that its vandilism. Those who are not involved view Graffiti as eyesores and that it detroys property value and divides communities. They don't view it as art or as a way of expression. With my paper I'm trying to give a different perspective...from real people. Hopefully it will shed new light and understanding about it in general.

So once again thank you to those who took the time to help me. Even those who just left short comments gave me a little view of what they think.