What Does Your Name Mean?

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LUCIFER

Usage: Theology

Pronounced: LOO-si-fur [key]

Means "bringing light", derived from Latin lux "light" and ferre "to bring". This name originally referred to the morning star, Venus, but later became associated with the chief angel who rebelled against God's rule in heaven. Even later it became associated with Satan himself.

ZEUS

Usage: Greek Mythology

Other Scripts: Ζευς (Ancient Greek)

Pronounced: ZOOS [key]

The name of a Greek god, related to the old Indo-European god *dyeus whose name probably meant "shine" or "sky". In Greek mythology he was the highest of the gods. After he and his siblings defeated the Titans, Zeus ruled over the earth and humankind from atop Mount Olympus. He had control over the weather and his weapon was a thunderbolt.

THEODORIC

Usage: Ancient Germanic

Pronounced: the-AHD-o-rik [key]

From the Gothic name Thiudreiks meaning "ruler of the people", derived from the Germanic elements þeud "people" and ric "power, ruler". Theodoric the Great was a 6th-century king of the Ostrogoths who eventually became the ruler of Italy.

wealthy....im not quite there yet but im definitely out for paper so this is good.

i also found an entry saying it meant "the lord exists". this is the first time ive heard this one so im not too quick to believe it. if its true it would be pretty funny considering im one step away from a militant athiest as far as my hatred and disdain for religion and "god" goes. sam harris and i would be down like 4 flats on a dumptruck if we ever met.

My name is URVASHI which in HINDI means ...son of goat that was milked by german fair lady who was raped by rich pilgrim from the egg mountains of the west.

and thats how our favorite Indian desert was made..

MILKONIOSH (basically chopped onions in a bowl with milk) eats like cereal! NO SUGAR!!