Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weapon X

What Does Your Name Mean?

In Sanskrit, my name means "always victorious"...I used to think it meant some gay shit like "graceful" but then my whisky swilling uncle cleared it up for me...

You?

My name just means "Son of '___'"

If I say it then everyone will know my name, and the mystery will be gone.

Theodore

Usage: English

Pronounced: THEE-o-dor

From the Greek name Θεοδωρος (Theodoros), which meant "gift of god" from Greek θεος (theos) "god" and δωρον (doron) "gift".

My name just means "Son of '___'"

If I say it then everyone will know my name, and the mystery will be gone.

nevermind what I was going to say......another time.

LUCIFER

Usage: Theology

Pronounced: LOO-si-fur [key]

Means "bringing light", derived from Latin lux "light" and ferre "to bring". This name originally referred to the morning star, Venus, but later became associated with the chief angel who rebelled against God's rule in heaven. Even later it became associated with Satan himself.

ZEUS

Usage: Greek Mythology

Other Scripts: Ζευς (Ancient Greek)

Pronounced: ZOOS [key]

The name of a Greek god, related to the old Indo-European god *dyeus whose name probably meant "shine" or "sky". In Greek mythology he was the highest of the gods. After he and his siblings defeated the Titans, Zeus ruled over the earth and humankind from atop Mount Olympus. He had control over the weather and his weapon was a thunderbolt.

THEODORIC

Usage: Ancient Germanic

Pronounced: the-AHD-o-rik [key]

From the Gothic name Thiudreiks meaning "ruler of the people", derived from the Germanic elements þeud "people" and ric "power, ruler". Theodoric the Great was a 6th-century king of the Ostrogoths who eventually became the ruler of Italy.

wealthy....im not quite there yet but im definitely out for paper so this is good.

i also found an entry saying it meant "the lord exists". this is the first time ive heard this one so im not too quick to believe it. if its true it would be pretty funny considering im one step away from a militant athiest as far as my hatred and disdain for religion and "god" goes. sam harris and i would be down like 4 flats on a dumptruck if we ever met.

IOU (ī'ō-yū')

n.

A promise to pay a debt, especially a signed paper stating the specific amount owed and often bearing the letters IOU.

[From the pronunciation of I owe you.]

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now