Korean BBQ

Weapon X

i don't hate koreans. but i will say out of japanese, chinese, and korean -- koreans are the rudest. and cold. and hateful. and love to stare at people. and follow people around the store. then when you turn around they pretend they're dusting. japanese have a very polite culture and chinese are in the middleground. i base these observations on living among the populace in all three of these countries.

i do believe u have a strong ground and position to say what you do, as u have lived in these countries,

whereas i have only lived in california - only only visited korea when i was a wee youngster, nonetheless

japan and china.

however, i live w/ these people around me, so whatever. this shit is trite and meaningless, so good day to you sir

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koreans aren't rude according to their culture.

but the contrast between their culture and american culture is vast to say the least.

for example...here (Korea) it's not considered rude to walk into someone on the street and just keep walking without apologizing. if i did that in the states i might get beat up even if i did apologize. the differences are huge but they aren't rude to be rude.

it does drive me crazy sometimes but that's what they got soju for.

KOREAN FOOD IS THE SHIZZZZ.

KIMCHI JIGAE!!!!!

speak for urself about hating japanese people. media wants to group us together to dehumanize us? nigga, check ur head. i clump europeans all together, not to dehumanize them, but b/c i can't tell if a white person is fucking german, portugese, spanish(from spain), or fucking a mut. we all people, stop living in a earth centered world.

the whole black vs. korean thing is only big in CA, and it's not even that big at all unless your 30+ yrs old.

korean people are angry people. i'm angry 90% of my waking life. see my signature.

and suki, i'd challenge my mom vs. ur mom to see who makes the best korean bbq. it would be an awesome challenge indeed.

and to theo, who hates koreans, i love you /no homo

and for the 'following u in the store' shit. that's true, and i get that too by the owners

You not asian

Koreans aren't rude according to their culture.

but the contrast between their culture and american culture is vast to say the least.

for example...here (Korea) it's not considered rude to walk into someone on the street and just keep walking without apologizing. if i did that in the states i might get beat up even if i did apologize. the differences are huge but they aren't rude to be rude.

it does drive me crazy sometimes but that's what they got soju for.

KOREAN FOOD IS THE SHIZZZZ.

KIMCHI JIGAE!!!!!

You're right about that bumping stuff. I got bumped on the subway so many times in Korea it was amazing. But it's not just bumping. You'll get pushed aside so he/she can get wherever it is they need to go. I remember this one dude jabbed his knuckles in to my back, and pushed me aside, instead of either A.) saying excuse me (in his language or english), or B.) going around.

I contemplated swinging on that dude for that split second. Then I remembered where I was.

i've been to korea, and dont remember anyone being rude or snotty..but i can believe it because i remember them following the "americans" around when i lived in okinawa..

but i do remember that the subway, or any transportation really stunk, and im guessing it was all the kimchi seeping through the pores..

but now i have the ultimate korean bbq craving, the fam and i are out of town right now and actually going to a bigger city where i might be in luck..im dragging dog to go eat some with me.. yay

• 4 months later...

I live in Korea now, I don't know about all this race relations shit but it is true that Koreans (more so the older generation) don't really like the Japanese, they did a whole lot of fucked up shit here during WW2. From my experience here Korean people are really polite and friendly and often helpful, always willing to give directions etc. I get stared at a lot, but I get that everywhere since I'm 6'7, it was probly worse when I lived in Barcelona.

But the point is that Korean bbq is indeed the business. If you haven't had it yet try some Sam Gyeop Sal it's like thick cut bacon but not as long and not salted like bacon, so so good. I'd eat it every day but I'd be fat as hell. Soju is amazingly cheap and pretty good too. Gets you really wasted but gives you a wicked hangover too. They also do some really good soups Dak Gori Tang, a spicy chicken soup with potatoes and carrots, mmmm.

Anyway I gotta go teach some Korean kids English