~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

shitting

it's called pbs or the discovery channel or the history channel. where have you been?

i've been watching tv where have you been? pbs is cool sometimes, not all the time, discovery channel used to be great, now it's not, and the history channel is cool sometimes too but it's always about the nazi's...i'm talking about just one channel dedicated to showing documentaries of all types, duh! where the fuck have you been?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

B000KLQUUS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I can highly reccomend this flik. Alot of docos can be boring with interviews etc

but this is very well made. Every interview has video footage of every event being discussed.

Always changing video footage, news, police file video etc. Again, extremly well put together. Very good watch!

9/10

yup...pbs, the history channel, animal planet, national geographic...all good stuff to watch.

i seen this documentary on one of those channels, about an immigrant journalist from el salvador. he migrated illegally to canada via freight hopping. then someone went back to video tape and chronicle his journey...it was pretty good, but i cant remember the name of it.

i want to see cocaine cowboys. it looks interesting.

children underground was pretty crazy...it reminded me of the kids in mexico.

others i've seen and liked...

dog town and z boys

g's up, hoes down

very dope thread...

got dark days a while back. very good movie. the dj shadow soundtrack goes so well with it. also really liked it how it had a little bit written about how each of the people featured were going several years after the doco was made.

I want to see this one when it come out in June..

thebridge_l200608291654-799515.jpg

The Bridge.

People suffer largely unnoticed while the rest of the world goes about its business. This is a documentary exploration of the mythic beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, the most popular suicide destination in the world, and those drawn by its call. Steel and his crew filmed the bridge during daylight hours from two separate locations for all of 2004, recording most of the two dozen deaths in that year (and preventing several others). They also taped interviews with friends, families and witnesses, who recount in sorrowful detail stories of struggles with depression, substance abuse and mental illness. Raises questions about suicide, mental illness and civic responsibility as well as the filmmaker's relationship to his fraught and complicated materia

dang, alot of good referals on here...thanks! grizzly man looks good. worlds most dangerous gangs looks good too. i'll see if i can find "capturing the freidmans".

oh yeah, infamy...i forgot that is a documentary. i have that. i still haven't seen 'hype!' though. has anyone seen it? i havent seen american pimp either. i hear its sorta like g's up.

others that i seen and liked:

the show

rhyme n reason

What was that al gore/global warming flick?

Any good...?

An Inconvenient Truth... def. worth a watch!

Check out an Australian film "Jisoe", it's kind of hard to get though.... Also thought Gang Wars 2: Back in the Hood was a good watch... Still haven't found the first one though...

gangwars.jpg

Treadwell reminded me of Steve Irwin, passionate as fuck but something not quite right in the brain region...