~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is one of my favorites.

p1_bus174.jpg

IN THE SUMMER OF 2000, IN RlO DE JANEIRO, A 21-YEAR-OLD HIJACKED A COMMUTER BUS and held its passengers hostage. The police were flummoxed as local TV crews arrived en masse to cover the headline-grabbing events as they unfolded. BUS 174 balances this potentially sensationalistic material with accounts by the police, the victims, the witnesses and friends and family of the hijacker. The hijacker’s history (as a child, his mother was murdered in front of him) is explored and issues of violence, poverty and societal neglect are woven into a complex matrix. A.O. Scott, writing in The New York Times, praised the film as “so wrenching and absorbing that you can easily lose sight of the sophistication of its techniques... a deceptively straightforward film that has the force of tragedy and the depth of first-rate investigative journalism.”

this is a dope thread..i love documentaries, and independent film. i've seen a couple flicks on this thread im gonna have to check out.. anyone seen the doc about the guys who made the boondock saints...its actually about their band..it unfortunately reveals that these guys are total assholes..they made a good movie though..

• 6 months later...