~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ThriveMovie.jpg

THRIVE lifts the veil on what's REALLY going on in our world by following the money upstream -- uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future.

::Watch::

THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?

Dunno if anyone postd it, have yet to watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has a surprisingly low rating on IMDB, but I'd definitely recommend it. Lower class families in Ireland arrange bare-knuckle boxing matches and make videos of them talking shit, instead of just killing each other the old fashioned way. It has this weird, gritty, perpetuating, "when will it stop" kinda feel. In a good way. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606259/

And this is some local stuff...for me. A guy with mental disabilities (from a sketchy sounding motorcycle accident and hospital stay) yells about his balls for decades. The community rejoices, mostly.

last days here was interesting.

vigilante vigilante is up there now. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Lotta the same stuff and people as all those other docs. Joe Connolloy has gone way more off the deep end as you can tell in this one. He's kinda losing his mind, more so anyway. I hope his daughter grows up to be a prolific writer, haha.

But cool to see who came off in the background footage.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen just about every other documentary about Afghanistan but this still was an eye-opener:

THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE

Disturbing new documentary about the ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual misconduct, and corruption of the Afghan security forces as well as the reduced role of US Marines due to the troop withdrawal. In part one, we see just how chaotic and hopeless the situation is in Sangin, one of the most violent towns in Afghanistan.

• Like 1

vigilante vigilante.. anyone know a working link for that?

i was waiting for it to come to my city for a showing, but that never happened. surprised when i saw it on netflix. pretty interesting to watch. i follow their facebook page and they have a lot of updates on graffiti and people that buff from the news across the country.

• 3 weeks later...

spoiler alert - he comes

i was waiting for it to come to my city for a showing, but that never happened. surprised when i saw it on netflix. pretty interesting to watch. i follow their facebook page and they have a lot of updates on graffiti and people that buff from the news across the country.

true.. this is pretty much the only new doc. ive wanted to watch

itll come..

Picture%204_35.png

hey bartender

charles_bradley_06.jpg

Charles Bradley may have had a difficult life, but nothing will stop him from pursuing his dream of becoming a musician. Not even the fact that he’s just turned 62. Abandoned as a child before finally reuniting with his mother years later, a period of homelessness, and the shocking death of his older brother are just a few of the struggles that Charles has faced. Charles Bradley: Soul of America follows Charles in the weeks leading up to his debut album release, showcasing his incredible talent and his unbeatable spirit as he attempts to build a career in music at a time when others would be retiring.

Nothing beats the story of an underdog coming out on top, and music documentaries are frequently filled with this tale. Charles Bradley is unique in that his career is only just beginning at the age of 62, but nobody is more deserving, and more talented, than Charles. His life story is filled with heartbreak and disappointment, but also shows the unmatched spirit that Charles has to persevere. Nothing will hold him back, even if he feels he can go no further.

Abandoned by his mother as a baby, Charles was reunited with her years later, and has spent much of his life taking care of her. This is a perfect example of the kind of caring, loving man that he is. He holds no grudges in life, and treats every single person he meets with love and respect. Not only is Charles the kind of person everybody should strive to be, he’s an incredible singer.

Working for years performing James Brown covers, Charles solo album release through Daptone Records outperformed all expectations, offering Charles a life he’d always dreamed of, and he earned every moment of it. His very personal songs about his life and his country will raise the hair on your arms. When Charles sings, it penetrates directly into your soul, and watching him perform throughout the film is moving. An audience member at one of Charles’ shows comments that ‘when he says he loves you, you believe it’, and it’s true. Even through the camera lens, you can feel Charles’ passion for life and music.

This really is a rags to riches story, and audiences will be swept up in each moment of joy and pain that Charles experiences. Charles Bradley: Soul of America is easily the most moving, and inspiring, music documentary ever, and you’d be making a mistake by missing out on it.

The Final Call

A must see for music fans. The power in Charles’ music will dig deep into your soul, and there’s never been a more inspiring, and deserving person as Charles.

• Like 2