Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shitting

~THE DOCUMENTARY SUPERTHREAD~

iou did you go to that signing at moca?

No.. I totally slept on that....

A friend of mine was featured in the book.. I didn't even know he did graff back in the day... I met him through DJing..

ummm i don't know why the tv people haven't figured it out, i think they should have a documentary channel, that would be fanfuckintastic and i'd watch it everyday all the time as long as they kept the options opened. i love documentaries.

ummm i don't know why the tv people haven't figured it out, i think they should have a documentary channel, that would be fanfuckintastic and i'd watch it everyday all the time as long as they kept the options opened. i love documentaries.

it's called pbs or the discovery channel or the history channel. where have you been?

it's called pbs or the discovery channel or the history channel. where have you been?

i've been watching tv where have you been? pbs is cool sometimes, not all the time, discovery channel used to be great, now it's not, and the history channel is cool sometimes too but it's always about the nazi's...i'm talking about just one channel dedicated to showing documentaries of all types, duh! where the fuck have you been?

yeah but not all the time, reading rainbow, fuckin' all that other filler shit (i do like reading rainbow) but i'm talking about a channel JUST FOR DOCUMENTARIES.

wild_style_dvd.jpg

this isn't a documentary.

whoever posted children underground is on point. that documentary was rad.

here's some more good ones:

stoked.jpg

Corporation.jpg

filth-and-fury.jpg

The_Up_series_DVD.jpg

aws-home-logo2.jpg

yeah that's true, wild style had acting.

but then i thought about all of the documentaries that had acting/re-enactments in it.

it's been a while since i saw it, but i was under the impression that some of that was unscripted (the breaking in the park and concerts/club scenes/freestyling)

B000KLQUUS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I can highly reccomend this flik. Alot of docos can be boring with interviews etc

but this is very well made. Every interview has video footage of every event being discussed.

Always changing video footage, news, police file video etc. Again, extremly well put together. Very good watch!

9/10

Alot of controversy about 9/11 New York Terror Attacks.

This documentary put me in perspective to what I now believe was the true events.

Anoher well put together film.

Watch with a open mind and make your own decision..

9/10

dvd_loose.jpg

http://www.loosechange911.com/

yup...pbs, the history channel, animal planet, national geographic...all good stuff to watch.

i seen this documentary on one of those channels, about an immigrant journalist from el salvador. he migrated illegally to canada via freight hopping. then someone went back to video tape and chronicle his journey...it was pretty good, but i cant remember the name of it.

i want to see cocaine cowboys. it looks interesting.

children underground was pretty crazy...it reminded me of the kids in mexico.

others i've seen and liked...

dog town and z boys

g's up, hoes down

very dope thread...

got dark days a while back. very good movie. the dj shadow soundtrack goes so well with it. also really liked it how it had a little bit written about how each of the people featured were going several years after the doco was made.

I want to see this one when it come out in June..

thebridge_l200608291654-799515.jpg

The Bridge.

People suffer largely unnoticed while the rest of the world goes about its business. This is a documentary exploration of the mythic beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, the most popular suicide destination in the world, and those drawn by its call. Steel and his crew filmed the bridge during daylight hours from two separate locations for all of 2004, recording most of the two dozen deaths in that year (and preventing several others). They also taped interviews with friends, families and witnesses, who recount in sorrowful detail stories of struggles with depression, substance abuse and mental illness. Raises questions about suicide, mental illness and civic responsibility as well as the filmmaker's relationship to his fraught and complicated materia

"capturing the freidmans" was fucked up. but awesome

so was Grizzly Man. Timmy Treadwell was one confused dude..

dang, alot of good referals on here...thanks! grizzly man looks good. worlds most dangerous gangs looks good too. i'll see if i can find "capturing the freidmans".

oh yeah, infamy...i forgot that is a documentary. i have that. i still haven't seen 'hype!' though. has anyone seen it? i havent seen american pimp either. i hear its sorta like g's up.

others that i seen and liked:

the show

rhyme n reason

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now