"fresh air" on npr has been popping off in the last week

boogie hands

im not going to lie. sometimes fresh air can get a little boring for a week or two but theyve been doing a great job lately. this is an afternoon's worth of good listening that i thought i would share. im sure there are at least 3 people on here who will enjoy these.

Elizabeth Warren on the Credit Card Industry Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren is an expert on bankruptcy and is an outspoken critic of consumer lenders. Warren is also the author of The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9156929

Richard Dawkins Explains 'The God Delusion' In his most recent book, British scientist Richard Dawkins writes about the irrationality of a belief in God, examines God in all his forms and sets down his arguments for atheism. The book is The God Delusion.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9180871

Francis Collins on 'The Language of God' Geneticist Francis Collins is director of the National Human Genome Research Project. He is also an evangelical Christian, and author of the book The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9207913

Talking to the Real Sacha Baron Cohen

English comedian and actor Sacha Baron Cohen's popular film Borat is now out on DVD. Cohen is best known for his characters Ali G (a journalist from England), Bruno (a flamboyantly gay Austrian fashion reporter) and Borat (a reporter from Kazakhstan).

Jobrani, Ahmed, Kader: A Comic 'Axis of Evil' Maz Jobrani, Ahmed Ahmed and Aron Kader make up the Axis of Evil Comedy group. (They're of Iranian, Egyptian and Palestinian descent, respectively). Their special premiered on Comedy Central last month. It's out on DVD this week.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9283896

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Richard Dawkins Explains 'The God Delusion' In his most recent book, British scientist Richard Dawkins writes about the irrationality of a belief in God, examines God in all his forms and sets down his arguments for atheism. The book is The God Delusion.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9180871

Francis Collins on 'The Language of God' Geneticist Francis Collins is director of the National Human Genome Research Project. He is also an evangelical Christian, and author of the book The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9207913

Talking to the Real Sacha Baron Cohen

English comedian and actor Sacha Baron Cohen's popular film Borat is now out on DVD. Cohen is best known for his characters Ali G (a journalist from England), Bruno (a flamboyantly gay Austrian fashion reporter) and Borat (a reporter from Kazakhstan).

Jobrani, Ahmed, Kader: A Comic 'Axis of Evil' Maz Jobrani, Ahmed Ahmed and Aron Kader make up the Axis of Evil Comedy group. (They're of Iranian, Egyptian and Palestinian descent, respectively). Their special premiered on Comedy Central last month. It's out on DVD this week.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9283896

These are really great! The god delusion especially I listend to it twice. Glad I am not the only person who listens to NPR

The axis of evil those guys were really good. I forgot who it was but when the dude was at the airport and they just arrested him without telling him anything or reading him his rights and the black dude was like "Now you know what its like to be a black man in the 60's." That had to be the most fucked up situation ever.

"Yo holmes they think your a terrorist or something? Yea I'm not but I think thats why I am in here. Yo why don't just blow this place up and get us out of here!"

I forgot who it was but when the dude was at the airport and they just arrested him without telling him anything or reading him his rights and the black dude was like "Now you know what its like to be a black man in the 60's." That had to be the most fucked up situation ever.

"Yo holmes they think your a terrorist or something? Yea I'm not but I think thats why I am in here. Yo why don't just blow this place up and get us out of here!"

that was a really good story

I dunno last night I heard something about in WWI they arrested women suspected of having VD's and held them in basically internment camps so they wouldn't spread them to troops. It did not effect the level of VD's that troops god regardless. Book called Charity Girls...

Yea I listen to NPR constantly. after listening to or playing shitty music it really helps to unwind on the ride home...

The only one I caught of these was Elizabeth Warren explaining just how much of a scam credit cards are. That was definitely eye opening. She said that if a couple was going to have a baby, and they put $5000 in diapers, baby food, crib, etc, on their credit card and paid the minimum payment every month, they would be grandparents before that shit was paid off.

NPR is definitely the freshness.

the proper way to use credit cards is to continually transfer balances to new cards with introductory 0% interest rates whilst all the time making much larger payments than the minimum due.... if it wasnt for this i wouldnt use them at all.....

oh and thanks, boogie... ima check all these out when i get home.....

dudes....i missed this one from a couple of weeks back but it is definitely good listening.

Journalist Scahill Charts the Rise of Blackwater USA

Blackwater USA is a secretive private army based in North Carolina with a sole owner: Erik Prince, a right-wing Christian multimillionaire. Jeremy Scahill talks about his book Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army.

Audio Here

website of the company in question - http://www.blackwaterusa.com/

how incredibly sinister is the splash page of this site? yikes....

Haha! I heard that one kinda made me want to go out and sign up. Then I looked and I cannot fly an air plane or helicopters have never been in the military and have been convicted of a crime (although I think possesion of alcohol as a minor is a misdemeanor dont know if that counts).

These Blackwater mercenaries have even given the order to return fire to US troops in Iraq. The whole deal about how they get it costs $600 a day per soilder the solider only getting $300 of that then no one knows where the other $300 a day goes is pretty fishy...

i dont know....i dont think working for a right wing millionare who thought george h. bush's white house was "not conservative enough" would be a very enjoyable career choice. the money did sound good.

p.s. - the pre-day figure was actually around $950 per soldier with only $300 of that going to their pay. insane.

indeed I am gonna check this out if it looks as you say I am gonna buy it leave it on my coffee table so when people come over and get drunk,arguments and fights will start out. I'll just sit back and laugh...I may even read it too...

Shit actually I just found a gift card to barnes and noble...its ovah...