HUMMER VS. SCHOOLBUS

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the over/underpass people are exiting onto is designed correctly then that shouldn't be a problem

Diamonds usually exit onto a major road, and if you have a red light on that road and hundreds of people getting off that's usually when a problem happens. I'm not saying that you're not right about cloverleafs, they cause accidents all the time, but they keep cars off of the freeway, which is why they are usually put in areas with tons of traffic.

Everyday I open the paper up and its GM / Ford cutting jobs, posting losses in the millions, and the next day it's about the new fleet they're about to push out, MORE GIANT FUCKING SUVs and TRUCKS. Gas prices are through the roof, and they're still trying to sell these pieces of shit. I guess SUVs / trucks have the highest profit margin, but sales are down because gas is high. I dont know, I dont know shit about this. But it just seems absolutely fucking retarded.

Also, there's this lady on my street, all but 4'11 little blonde lady, who pushes a fucking bright red suburban around. I see her driving to work a lot. ALL BY HERSELF. She's got kids too, TWO OF EM. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED A SUBURBAN TO DRIVE YOUR LITTLE DWARF ASS, your husband, and your two 4 year olds around. Sometimes I wish my deck would slip while I'm skating and fly through her windshield.

I just remembered that ABC is from Aus. Which makes sense since the population and traffic problems aren't as high there, no wonder you'd be used to those.

From that wiki..

"he diamond interchange makes more efficient use of space than most types of freeway interchange, and avoids the interweaving traffic flows that occur in interchanges such as the cloverleaf. Thus, it is most effective in areas where traffic is light and a more expensive interchange type is not needed. But where there is significant traffic, the two intersections within the interchange may cause congestion and accidents, requiring additional features such as traffic lights and extra lanes dedicated to turning traffic, or (as in the United Kingdom) a pair of roundabouts to create a type of junction called a dumbbell interchange."

I just remembered that ABC is from Aus. Which makes sense since the population and traffic problems aren't as high there, no wonder you'd be used to those.

becuase in australia we utilize this amazing concept in urban planning known as public transport. if you've been to new york you might recognise it

I totally think that the big cities on the west coast should utilize more public transportation. I try when I can. I'm probably one of the few people that have actually rode the Los Angeles subway.

But I was just saying why the diamond interchanges wouldn't really work in bigger cities.

Anyway, back on topic. I know this skater that as soon as he got a contract bought a Navigator, and like a week later while he was driving he went to kiss his girlfriend (while driving), and subsequently wrapped his week old Navigator around a pole.

That's not really saying much. Both the cities are pretty small population wise.

What's with the constant argument? It's just a freeway offramp. I really don't feel that strongly about it. Maybe you have some construction or engineering background I don't know about. I was just going by the info the wikipedia gave me. Diamond interchanges are good and cost effective for areas that don't have a lot of traffic.

That's just what it says, geez.

haha, constant argument? i was actually discussing something with casek [he asked my opinion on roads in other countries/continents because unlike he (and you), i am well travelled] until you felt the need to weigh in with your ever-so-valuable opinion (garnered from wikipedia of all places) on the subject (as seems to be a common theme). so really, the same could be asked of you

cloverleaf interchanges[/url]

yeah, we have those as well.... dfw is made up of a shit ton of small suburbs, so some areas are alot less traveled... and I agree with whoever said on the last page that they don't mind people speeding as long as they're predictable.... that squirrelly too fast too furious shit the high school kiddos pull in their mom's accords and shit is stupid... also I agree about the yield signs as well... i think they turn people into retards... maybe I will carry a yellow triangle around with me so I can instantly transform people into STUPID.

I just stated that cloverleafs are used in areas with heavy traffic because it keeps more traffic off of the freeway. Then you just went to how people should utilize public transportation, which I agreed with...

No biggie.

your whole "i always gotta have the last word, but gotta make sure that everyone knows how much i really don't care about getting the last word" deal just reached it's annoying apex.

100kph (approx 65mph) on most, but get up to 110kph on some interstate highways.

i've noticed that speeding in the states (within a certain boundary of about 5-10mph) is not only not enforced, but generally acceptable on the freeways, you will not get away with that shit in australia

100kph (approx 65mph) on most, but get up to 110kph on some interstate highways.

i've noticed that speeding in the states (within a certain boundary of about 5-10mph) is not only not enforced, but generally acceptable on the freeways, you will not get away with that shit in australia

honstely depends on the cop. i got a ticket on the i 5 ding 80 in a 70 . and a lady i work with got a ticket doing 50 in a 45. and that is on a road that is not traved by many.

haha @ ab

honstely depends on the cop. i got a ticket on the i 5 ding 80 in a 70 . and a lady i work with got a ticket doing 50 in a 45. and that is on a road that is not traved by many.

that's true, if you get an asshole that'll happen. but judging by the ratio of crazies on the roads to cops pulling them over, you can get away with alot compared to home