a question about audio

FROSTY

Yo, i am workin on making my own speakers and im in the design process.

now heres my main question.

I have a 100watt receiver.

I am making 2 speakers.

I am buying 2 200watt subs (1 for each speaker). heres the first question, with 400 watts in totall does this mean that my music will not go loud or does it mean that the speakers will only be pushed to 100watts of their power.

now for my second question. I want to get some tweeters so that the speakers will cover the high sounds and not just the low ones. i have been lookin at tweeters and they all seem to be like 40 watts and stuff. why arnt there 200watt tweeters.

dont i need 200 watt tweeters if im getting 200watt subs.

i understand frequency with speakers so im allright with that but i must know more about watts.

anyways thanks for reading this cauz im lost.:confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by coldasbling

if your receiver is 100 watts per channel then each speaker will go to 100 watts if they are capable or exceeding 100

k kool but do tweeters have to equal the same amount of watts that a subwoofer does

Guest Obsessed

with a 200 watt amp pushing 2 400 watt subs you just wont get all that you can out of your subs more power = better quality of your sound, get a crossover for your tweeters and mids and mount your subs in decent boxes...fiberglass is neato...and youll be good to go bang on the homies driving their regals with earplugs

k thanks again for the great information but i only need to know one freekin thing.

My amp is 100watts and my subs are 200watts

now i know i wont blow the subs because they are more power than the amp but will the tweeters need to be more than 100watts so that they dont blow.

And for fuk sakes are the tweeters SUPOSED to be the same amount of watts as the subs

just get a amp for your highs, one for your mids , and one for your subs, If each sub takes 400 watts , then get an 2x400 watt amp, or just get a Orion HCCA 275G4 amp, pushes bout 1500 wattts and keeps its self stable at even 0.5 ohms..

Archived