WRITERS THAT PLAY SPORTS

smokee

ive noticed over the years that all most all the graffiti writers i've known dont play sports once they grow into their 20's...

i've allways kept a healthy ballance of hockey/basketball and graffiti and dead end jobs... am i the only one?

not to sound like a prick, i just dont know any writers that still play ice hockey, and im from Canada for fuck sakes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I know a lot of real writers, that actually get work

in, and I can't find one similarity with them... other than the

fact that, including myself, we all try not to talk boring graff

talk all the time or in social events. It's just another thing

that gets done. Some play sports, some teach kids, some

go to gym. I personally stay super active in my late 20's and

work out at home. I play a lot of Bike Polo in the summer

time... Pick up games of footy... Summer time kicker at

my boys house... I don't think Graffiti really comes into it.

Yea dude hockey is expensive...

I was getting back into regardless of tht fact that I would be getting lit up by 15 year olds. Then the skate I was gonna get were $300 fuck that, I needed new gloves pants helmet all that shit tooo much money...

yeah hockeys an expensive hobby, but if you get some used skates/gear, theres plenty of drop in you can find for like 5-10 $ a pop ... and even if you do drop like 500$ on all your gear it's worth it at the end of the day, when your playing hockey, and staying in shape... its the canadian way ;)

until your like damn I gotta take this 15 year old kid out because he is skating circles around me. then you do it and get in a fight with his dad in the parking lot. Happened to my friend.

Kid was being a dick to all the players on their team (he was their best guy not shitty like I would be) this kid was talking shit about some guys daughter on the rink the dude was being cool about it like whatever. Then the kid out of no where illegally checks the dude gets no penalty called. So my boy has the kid coming at him at center ice on skates up levels the kid center ice kid gets up limps to the bench. My friend is in the locker room after the game father comes in screaming his whole team had to hold him back...

haha thats awesome^ one time i was just playing drop in hockey, and this guy must have been a hells angel, or an affiliated biker, and some guy on his team laid a bit of a hit on me, and its drop in hockey so thats not cool, so i gave the guy a shot... and out of no where this stocky H.A. dude comes ripping out of no where drops his gloves and wants to go with me all up in my face... i guess he was just looking for a fight... it got kinda ugly in the dressing room, my buddy had to calm him down... a lot of idiots out there in recreational sports

also one time i skated over a guys wrist by accident, and opened up a real nasty gash, and just as the ambulance was about to leave i caught a puck to the nose, and it just exploded everywhere, we painted the ice red that day... i wearrilly skated off in time to catch a ride with the ambulance to the hospital... that was bizzare

When I was 16 I there was this fat kid on my team couldnt skate very well. His dad puts him as left wing over by our bench I got the puck skating up the left boards with a defender coming from my right the fat kid is like 6 feet away from the boards so I figure I will use him as a barrier between me and the defender. I am flying skating as hard as I can to because its now 1 on 1 with me and the defender I start to go between the boards and the fat kid and the fat kid freaks charges in to the boards grabs hold of them and close lines me to the ground. I got the wind knock out me and this dude is losing balance and this 300pound fat kid falls ass first on my chest and neck area (mind you I was like 130 pounds skinny kid) then his arm comes down and elbows me in the face. I got up after like 5 min and my dad helping me off the rink onto the bench. I realize what happened this fat kid still on the ice so mid play I went nuts charge on the rink start cussing this kid out get ejected then after the game we fought in the locker room...

moral of the story fat kids should not play hockey...

I feel like I know a lot of real writers, that actually get work

in, and I can't find one similarity with them... other than the

fact that, including myself, we all try not to talk boring graff

talk all the time or in social events. It's just another thing

that gets done. Some play sports, some teach kids, some

go to gym. I don't think Graffiti really comes into it.

ditto.

why do so many kids come on here and start the most juvenile threads related to graffiti? why does EVERYTHING need to be related to graffiti in some way?

i mean shit like:

rich writers, what do you think?

what music do you listen to when you bomb?

does your girl have your back in graffiti?

etc..etc..

that's why i hate PG. it's filled with tons of mindless threads like the aforementioned.

i used to write, and i still do some shit once in a while. i still will check out different shit from all over, but i'm not obsessed with graffiti where it dominates my every thought or other aspects of my life.

come on kiddies. get with the program!

eh bro, dont be so quick to judge, graffiti is just one of my many hobbies and passions. it hardly consumes me, i just noticed thorugh out the last 8 years that ive beenwriting, that most of the writers i knew wernt to concerned with staying in shape, or playing sports... maybe your encounters were diffrent

i'm not necessarily talking about you, i'm speaking in general. and i agree, in the 17 or so years i've been writing many of the guys i know from the scene are either in jail, dead, crack heads of some sort, or moved on and got college degrees and/or real jobs and lives. some of them still paint on occasion when they can.

i think most people who write are educated and have diverse interests. at least i hope that's the case.