PLANET EARTH

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really curious about how they pulled off some of the more subtle shots. There's a lot of small-scale time-lapse shots that seem to have plants reacting to sunlight and such, yet the lighting remains completely consistent all throughout the shot, shadows don't track from side to side like they would outdoors, which to me suggests an interior setup with artificial lighting. If it's an interior setup, how the hell do they get plants to react so naturally?

yeah i had that feeling too. if you have seen any of those oldschool 70's wildlife films they did that alot. the how tos were crazy. like recreating underground burrows for moles and having them dig around through mud in a tank.

I read a bunch of shit about how crazy the making of this show was... I really want to see it, but I don't have the Discovery Channel. Apparently they followed a pack of lions around for a month with infrared lights to catch them hunting at night, and got some footage of them taking down a full grown elephant and eating it alive.

also they stayed in a hut when they were filming the polar bears. and some bears knocked out the windows on the hut. sometimes they would open the door, and polar bears would be standing there. crazy shit. and they would film out on the ice near the polar bears, and then get chased by them.

i'm picking up the DVD's for the behind the scenes footage.