PLANET EARTH

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

southern people talk slow drives me nuts. At a store down south I got a soda I remember this clearly. I walked up put the soda down grab my wallet.

(Southern accent)

Chick:"Well haaaoow arrrre yoooou doooooiiiin this fiiiiine mooorrniiinn?

Me: Uh good...

Chick:Weeell yarrrr're not frum araannounnd heeere aaree ya?

Me:No...

Chick:Where ya hail frum?

Me: (mind you this bitch hasnt even scanned my fucking soda yet there are people behind me my friends are in the car waiting.) Up north can I pay for my soda?

Chick: Weeell Yall are certainly pushy I swear my relatives from up there are the same way

Me: (interupting) Yo?! I gotta get out of here can I pay for my soda please?

Chick: Sure we will just git you on youre way there sug...

Me: Thanks you sorry about that my friends are waiting...

Chick:(scans the item finally) ((Sits there looks at it Mr. Pibb )) Yall have that Dr.Pepper up north dontcha? Isnt it crazy how they change soda names in differnt areas?

Me: (holding my money out while she seems to be checking ingrediants or someshit)Here...

Chick: Oh alright your change is 1,2,3 doooollarrrs and fiiiiftey two cents...

Me:thanks

Chick: you have yourself a wonderful day...

it took a good 4 to 5 min this whole thing went down...i wanted to shoot myself in the face...

The funny thing is that when it comes to spanish, spanish from Spain is the equivalent of British english, it's the "true" form. Puertorrican spanish would be full-on southern redneck english. So every time I talk to someone from another latinamerican country, I am always aware of how fucking retarded I probably sound.

they have a woman talking,british to make it sound intelligent and interesting,i thought it was really nice rather than a man,why?maybe because its not what usually happens?

the snow leopard was an awesome creature,looked like he had fat shoes,and the persuit for its prey was a great part.

i missed the "biggest creature the world have ever seen" they went to comercials and i put americans funniest animals,remembered late...what was it?

The funny thing is that when it comes to spanish, spanish from Spain is the equivalent of British english, it's the "true" form. Puertorrican spanish would be full-on southern redneck english. So every time I talk to someone from another latinamerican country, I am always aware of how fucking retarded I probably sound.

i think spanish is a little bit more subjective. i agree that spanish spanish is the root or whatever, but i prefer español bolicua to ethpañol ethpañola any day... plus spaniards have the whole "we invented the damn language so we speak correctly" air to (some of) them, like the brits.

in the end, i prefer almost any latin american spanish than spanish spanish (from my experience, peruvian spanish is the easiest to understand because they speak so clearly)

My ex is 100% PR spoke spanish all her life with her fam took honors classes in spanish all through school. Went to college got picked to go study in Spain for 6 months. Gets there and is speaking with people everyone looks at her like she is retarded. Everyone just laughed at her and according to her she basically had to re-learn spanish.

She is also calling me from spain at 4am their time wasted going "What are you doing tonight? Wanna come to Spain?" I say "Jess is this an international booty call?" She answers with "Call it what you will I need you to get over her to fuck me." best phone call ever it lasted 3 hours of her reminiscing about us and how she doesnt want to have sex or date anyone there and is just gonna wait to come back home...

discovery hd probably has the best hd picture of all the hd channells i watch. when i wake up in the mornings, i turn on discovery hd to the program called "sunrise" i think. there's no dialogue or commentary or text. all it shows is the sun rising in various different climate zones (swamps, jungles, glaciers, forests, deserts, oceans, etc), with the sounds of birds and water and ducks and fish splashing and bears and shit. it's very soothing. /no emo

discovery hd probably has the best hd picture of all the hd channells i watch. when i wake up in the mornings, i turn on discovery hd to the program called "sunrise" i think. there's no dialogue or commentary or text. all it shows is the sun rising in various different climate zones (swamps, jungles, glaciers, forests, deserts, oceans, etc), with the sounds of birds and water and ducks and fish splashing and bears and shit. it's very soothing. /no emo

Sunrise Earth is the jump off...

Planet Earth is fuckin amazing..I watched and DVR'ed all three episodes..