PLANET EARTH

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else getting the volvo commercials every 8 minutes?

anyone else feeling like volvo's are for fucking faggots who shouldnt be driving in the first place?

everything that you hate about wealthy asshole white people, all roled into one.

yeah... what was that about a heartbeat sensor to see if someone's in your car?

come on.

not if you're another sailfish, you just take a look at the color of the sailfish (blue, brown, stripey) and you know what he's up to.

yes for deadliest catch. fucking awesome. me and gliks have been repping that show like a day job since the first episode.

Fucking VAMPIRE SQUID. The narrator even called it Vampire Squid from Hell. That was one of the craziest animals I've ever seen, instant Rap status.

I was like is that its scientific name?!?!

I want one for serious what do I need to do to get a tank with like ten of those?

Oh man, apparently Sigourney Weaver was an add-on for US audiences, and the original BBC version has David Attenborough. What the fuck.

why do they do this?? it makes no sense. i actually feel sorry for you.

Yeah, you're right. First transmitted on BBC in March 5, 2006. We were scammed.

that was the first series (or 'season' as you call them) the second was broadcast in the UK at the end of '06. there are 12 programmes in total and i've seen and dl'ed a few torrents of them on the interbutts.

its all about the snow leopards in the 'Mountains' episode.

I don't know. I guess they thought Americans would be turned off by the British accent and needed a more familiar-sounding voice to get more viewers. I'm not surprised really. But it sucks, nature documentaries with British narrators have a certain quality about them that elevates them above the rest. They feel smarter.

I don't know. I guess they thought Americans would be turned off by the British accent and needed a more familiar-sounding voice to get more viewers. I'm not surprised really. But it sucks, nature documentaries with British narrators have a certain quality about them that elevates them above the rest. They feel smarter.

"A cut glass English accent can fool unsuspecting Americans into detecting a "brilliance that isn't there", says Stephen Fry. So is a British accent - of any variety - the route to success in the United States?" click to read