Rock the Bells tickets.

Advise me. I am extremely interested in heading over to the States (see: San Francisco) in August to attend their leg of the Rock the Bells festival. In fact, I MUST be in attendance. I am currently located in Australia, along with another 5 or so friends who are interested in making the pilgrimage.

Anyway, according to the website, the tickets for each leg of the tour are only available from one selected outlet, and there is no mention of any online purchase options or Ticketmaster (or American equivalent) representation.

I am not really in a position to gauge the level of attention that this is getting in the States, but I know that if this were to happen in say...Melbourne, that it would sell out in the first morning that tickets go on sale. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale in a week.

Ultimately, is a first-day sell-out likely/a possibility (ie: is this concert a big fucking deal over there)? Or will these tickets burn slowly away over the next 5 months?

School me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont really roll in 'rap circles' anymore, but i cant imagine that anyone gives a fuc about it. no wait, i just dont give a fuck about it, im sure someone does.

tickets dont go on sail until march 31st, at that time, i guarantee that you will be able to buy them online.

actually quite good..

wutang gets old seing them there so many times though.. Rage Against The Machine will be performing this year too. im buying tickets

ill be in frisco

As an Australian citizen, I am finding it hard to come to the concept of seeing Wu-Tang "too many times". Wu-Tang have never toured here, ever.

Turns out that you actually CAN buy tickets online, the website is an uninformative piece of junk.

Wouldn't seeing them once be once too many times?

I find it hard to believe people pay to watch someone stand on a stage and do something I have been able to do since I was a year old. Fair enough, I don't wave my hands around whilist talking as they do but I can do it if I so desire.

Now if they did this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4a-zUjM3Q after practicing their whole lives then that is something I can't and never will be able to do, so I can see logic in paying to see it in reality.

Wouldn't seeing them once be once too many times?

I find it hard to believe people pay to watch someone stand on a stage and do something I have been able to do since I was a year old. Fair enough, I don't wave my hands around whilist talking as they do but I can do it if I so desire.

Now if they did this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4a-zUjM3Q after practicing their whole lives then that is something I can't and never will be able to do, so I can see logic in paying to see it in reality.

I'm definitely not going to take the bait and turn this into a serious discussion, but it is fairly ludicrous to suggest that talking is the same thing as rapping/singing/"rhyming" or whatever. That's like saying that you find no enjoyment in watching the 100 metre sprint at the Olympics because you can walk.

OH OH LET ME!!!!

From wiki...

"The Castro came of age as a gay center following the controversial Summer of Love in the neighboring Haight Ashbury district in 1967. The gathering brought tens of thousands of middle-class youth from all over the United States. The neighborhood, previously known as Eureka Valley, became known as the Castro, after the landmark theatre by that name near the corner of Castro and Market Streets.

By 1975, Harvey Milk had opened a camera store there, and began political involvement as a gay activist, further contributing to the notion of the Castro as a gay destination. Some of the culture of the late 1970s included what was termed the "Castro Street Clone," which was a mode of dress -- tight denim pants, black combat boots, tight T-shirt -- in vogue with the gay population at the time, and which gave rise to the nickname "Clone Canyon" for the stretch of Castro Street between 18th Street and Market Street. There were numerous famous watering holes in the area, contributing to the nightlife, including the Corner Grocery Bar, the Norse Cove, the Pendulum, and the Elephant Walk. A typical street scene of the period is perhaps best illustrated by mentioning the male belly dancers who could be found holding forth in good weather at the corner of 18th and Castro, on "Hibernia Beach," in front of the financial institution from which it drew its name.

The area was hit hard by the AIDS/HIV crisis of the 1980s. Beginning in the 1980s, city officials began a crackdown on bathhouses and launched initiatives that aimed to prevent the spread of AIDS. Kiosks lining Market Street and Castro Street now have posters promoting safe sex and testing right alongside those advertising online dating services."

320px-Castrosanfranciscoflag.jpg

wow.....yo aussie...you will probably be able to get tickets online....the last rock the bells in the bay area sucked becuase it was at concord pavillion which had a horrible sound system for those who had grass seats farther from the stage and the event sold no alcohol but the sf venue should be dope...and if i was you i wouldnt go to the castro unless you want to see some horrible faggotry goin on