12oz Prophet Camping.

Knim_One

How many of yall like to spend soem time in nature?

This summer im planning a trip off intot he wild. Its a mountain canyon that runs at low water in the summer and leaves giant pools, waterfalls, and forest as well as a wealth of geological goodness.

Im gonna spend 5 days and solo descend the canyon with some food, some light climbing gear, and a space blanket, and my camera with 1 lense and 1 extra battery. Oh and ill prob take a little marijuana and a notebook.

This creek is famous for its remotness (very steep valley walls). really the only sign of humans will be the power lines that cross the canyon in one spot about 1000 feet overhead.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=goog&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&z=13&ll=47.317879,-115.95829&spn=0.066915,0.147114&t=k&om=1

just wonderin if and how you get down with mother nature.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm all about it!

Gimme a good knife and set me loose in the wild I'll show you some civilized savagery!

But for real my dude, stay safe out there and make sure you can get at someone if need be. My boy Zach Weston is still somewhere on Mount Rainier in Washington, he's been missing since August 11th. Smart dude, but you can't slack a second.

Anyways, just stay safe out there and make sure you can somehow always let people know where you are if you get into trouble.

Look into this dude named Ray Mears, he's the truth. Try to find and download his tv series, Extreme Survival, World of Survival, Bushcraft or whatever.

http://www.raymears.com/

im way into the outdoors but dont make it out enough. the last camping trip i took had a stocked pond and walking trails....it was still fun but not like packing out into the middle of nowhere and soaking it all up. we did more eating, drinking and cigar smoking. my area has some amazing hiking and camping....maybe i should buy some real outdoor equipment and go at it....

as a side note ive been real obsessed with reading about mountain climbing lately. not like the face of half dome mountain climbing....like 3 months summiting mt everest mountain climbing.

Guest spectr

i'm a dam tree hugging hippie or some shit, with all the time I have spend out in the woods...

though one place I seriously recommend checking out is the san francisco hot springs in the gila national forest in new mexico... about 80 miles from the nearest place that can actually be called a town, and about 1200 ft down in this canyon...

I'm going on an all day river tubing excursion soon. The place even gives you a floating beer cooler to take with you. I'm saving money to get my girfriend and I kayaks.

i spent 3 summers getting taught by world class paddlers in idaho, and some1 i am related to is a master canoer/kayaker. He is certified at the very highest levels for sea kayaking and whitewater. Kayaking is a great sport but its very dangerous.

What i like about it is you get thrown from a clam aware state into a state of high danger and you dont know whats goin on in a split second.

yea i have spent time hiking the cascade mountains, the olympics, the washington coast, alaska, north idaho and montana rockies, and much much more.

Always let someone know where you are gonna be and when they should expect you back. Its super important. Also dont drink the water, always boil it before.