Post Your Desktop

Vivre

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only thing that stops me from doing a complete computer re-organization is that all my shortcuts will be invalid.

and i know, that's a really shitty excuse, but its true.

if you got shortcuts will not become invalid if you move the shortcut from the desktop to a folder on the desktop

the only way the shortcuts become corrupt is if the files that the shortcuts are looking for get moved

so lets do an example

you have a file in

c:\program files\junk\setup.exe

you create a shortcut icon on the desktop pointing at the file in c:\program files\junk\setup.exe

ok you got the file and the shortcut working together

now you make a folder on the desktop that is called shortcuts you move all the shortcuts on t he desktop to the shortcut folder (which will clean it up) the path to the file the shortcut is holding will not become corrupt/invalid.......

if you want to organize where the files are that the shortcuts are looking to find them

just move them where you want them to be so again take this for example

c:\program files\junk\setup.exe

you want to move the setup.exe file out of the junk folder and delete the folder

you cut/paste into where you want to move it

we will say move to c:\program setups

so you create the program setups folder inside of the c:\ directory then cut and paste the setup.exe file from

c:\program files\junk\

then make a shortcut to the desktop by right-clicking the setup.exe file or the whole c:\program setups folder and selectig Send To desktop (create shortcut)

back2.jpg

boo damn you are all fucked up i guarantee 1000% you have a shit load of viruses and spyware on yer computer

4 things give it away really fast

you are using Internet Explorer

you use limewire

and yer Internet Explorer is 6.0 not 7.0

last but not least if you are using IE 6 yer windows is not up to date or its a pirated version

Please get Firefox