wheat paste poster, need input

pukey1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest GoBiloe

i really, really don't think you should quote rage against the machine on your poster.

to quote any band is weak.

i understand that sometimes it seems like you couldn't say it better, but graff and wheat pasting, which is meant to reach a lot of people, should have something original to it that either provokes the audience or at least makes people think in a new way. everybody and their long-dead pet gerbil knows who rage against the machine is. the quotation just seems really inert, especially coming from a pop group.

RATM: they're not a terrible band (though i don't like them), but they're clearly not the revolutionaries they purport to be... they never say anything specific and/or politically controversial. they play the game like everyone else.

i ramble way too much. im not saying you suck for liking them or anything and it's cool that you made a poster. who's on it, and why? personally, i don't really like photos of people's heads on wheat posts because it always seems like an shepard fairey bite.

ramble.. shut up, me, and go to bed!

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

hmm, the choppiness i actually like.

the rage quote, well, not in to it.

if the quote is what you want to convey, execute it through the image rather than using type to spell it out.

thats all i have to say.

happy mixing.

Archived