Best Iron Maiden Album Cover?

awkward eye

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who calls maiden trendy is a hipster homosexual...

maiden is the definitive metal band... these motherfuckers were rockin while most of you dick handlers were listening to spice girls and lying about it

fuck you

rock on

and somewhere in time and a matter of life and death are the freshest covers

this thread reminds me of something. in the 8th grade, around the time Killers came out, i had met this dude that could draw the covers pretty damn good. we were the kids sitting in the back of the class always drawing. he would bring his iron maiden tapes to school everyday, every one of them, because his mom threatend to throw them away because of the covers...and the fact that he drew them all the time...hahaha...but he drew them almost exactly the same. i wonder where he is and what he is doing now. the kid had talent for real. this was in Los Lunas, a small ranch/countryish town in New Mexico. he was one of the very few, if any at all, metal kids. he was a transplant like me, i forget where he was from originally. anyway, i hope he is doing something with his art.

if i had to pick one cover, i might say "stranger in a strange land".

I love it how the 80's action/future dystopia movies really glorified violence. Terminator and Snake Pilsen and whatever... Iron maiden album covers (killer, the one on this page w/ a stabbing) also glorify pointless street violence.

There was also some heavy metal video where a kid secretly watches the video of live metal shows (that you just saw) but is caught by his parents, then proceeds to kill the parents. In the video, Alice Cooper show gets shut down by some guy, who AC just stabs with the mic stand so the show can go on.

Now there's some shitty hick "extreme metal" with WiCkEd MasKs or something but that's it!

Bring back the old days! Street stabbings! Danger

/end rant

shit is just too PC these days. nothing like that would ever fly with all of these pussy parents raising children in bubbles who are overly medicated and too fragile for reality or even fantasy (video games, movies, etc..)

You can also thanks these fuckers for the begining of shit like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center

before al gore was worrying about global warming, he was backing his pig wife tipper in censoring and watering down heavy metal and rap.

• 10 months later...

probably not like the good old days, that i missed live, but i know this current tour they are doing only old stuff up to somewhere in time, or 7th son.

i think they may break out the world slavery tour set (powerslave), so that would be sick it that is the case. it seems they are only playing at large venues, so the possibility is there.