GUN CLEAN UP

THANKYOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipe Cleaner

Otis GuN Cleaning Kit

Rags

Tooth Brush

Shaving Cream...

Clean Barrel With Shaving Cream

Clean BOlt with Pipe Cleaner and Tooth Brush

Use the Otis Cleaning Kit to remove Carbon Build Up

Tooth Brush Carbon Off

Wipe With Rag

Put 2 drops of CLP on Tooth Brush or Q-Tip

Oil Down Gun

Clean as New

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Pipe Cleaner

Otis GuN Cleaning Kit

Rags

Tooth Brush

Shaving Cream...

Clean Barrel With Shaving Cream

Clean BOlt with Pipe Cleaner and Tooth Brush

Use the Otis Cleaning Kit to remove Carbon Build Up

Tooth Brush Carbon Off

Wipe With Rag

Put 2 drops of CLP on Tooth Brush or Q-Tip

Oil Down Gun

Clean as New

Shaving cream.....Drill Sgt taught you that?

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Being deployed taught me that

Cleans Sand and Carbon liek a bitch

Canned air dude....

never used shaving cream....I just kept that bitch out of the sand.....

cool trick though

shit man, i wouldnt even worry about cleaning that glock until you dump a 1000 rounds through it. of course cleaning it wont hurt, but you could probably get away with never cleaning it.

certain guns, i do different things. my sniper bolt action rig, i use sweets 762 solvent. pour some on the brush (never dip) swab it 20 times. then run alternating wet and dry patches through the bore. only one way (remove the patch at the muzzle then withdraw the rod) then lube with break free or oil.

my AR for instance, i dont clean the bore until i put 500+ rounds through it. i usually spray down the bolt and lube sparingly with break free.

as for mag springs... i keep half of my stock of mags loaded, half not loaded for all my guns. they are loaded -1 round. i alternate the mags once a month.

get a couple extra springs for each style mag you have and you should be fine.

• 5 months later...

exactly what angelofdeath just wrote.

Don't use solvents yet, no need.

Break Free works fine for cleaning your brand new guns, as already described previously. You can even use WD40 for general cleaning, it's less expensive. Just don't leave it soaking and dripping with solvents and cleaners during storage or use.

Boresnake is the best cleaning product a gun has ever seen in contemporary times.

boresnakes are fucking amazing.

i'd never heard of the shaving cream technique. i'll give it a shot next time... which won't be for a long fucking time as due to my school i won't be doing any ranges with my troop for atleast 9 more months.

and sneak, you never used canned air to get high? haha, not all joes do that...

I clean my guns whenever I shoot them, shit I clean brand new guns as soon as I buy them, before I even shoot them.

If you go a long time between shooting I would cover them in Rem oil. Like fucking soak them, Just make sure you wipe them off, and run a dry patch threw the barrel before shooting. This will keep them from rusting while they are stored. I pull the ones I dont shoot often apart and coat them in Rem oil and Inhibitor and then clean them before I shoot them.

ANd you can use a brass brush on your barrel, brass is a very soft metal and WILL NOT scratch the rifleing on the barrel. The barrel is made of a hard/tool grade steel and brass could never scratch it enough to do any damage. I use steel brushes on my .22s and .357 since the bullets arnt jacketed, the stiffer steel takes the lead out of the rifleing easyer. not sure if this is a must its just how i was tought.

Main thing is oil the fuck out of them or they will rust! Just make sure to wipe them off and run a fry patch threw the barrel before you shoot them. This will keep you from having to do alot of cleaning cause there covered in rust, trust me it sucks