GUN CLEAN UP

THANKYOU

i have a glock 30, and a ruger revolver...

just shot them for the first time today, must say, it was freaking awesome.

now, cleaning them...

there's gun powder residue on the barrel and some stuff i need to clean up, now if its outside the barrel, can i use water and a rag?

and in the barrel needs to be a certain kind of oil thats used for the barrel cleaning...

is that correct?

please let me know, i know we have some people in here who have guns and have owned them longer than me...

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Gun cleaning....

you can use water to get that carbon off...but really not recommend it.

Get some BREAK FREE which is a lubricant and cleaner for guns...or WD40 will do good if you dont have it.

The barrel you have to get a special barrel "snake" to clean it, remember to snake it the way the round goes through the chamber so not to scratch the rifling.

didnt you get a cleaning kit with that thing?

you use a gun cleaning solvent.

hoppes #9 i believe.

run that through the barrel. then run dry gun cleaning patches through until its all out

your barrel should be dry after this, then run remington gun oil through the barrel, just a little bit, over lubrication can be a problem.

dont use water, you dont want your shit to rust

i have heard of people cleaning their glocks in the dishwasher though.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
you use a gun cleaning solvent.

hoppes #9 i believe.

run that through the barrel. then run dry gun cleaning patches through until its all out

your barrel should be dry after this, then run remington gun oil through the barrel, just a little bit, over lubrication can be a problem.

dont use water, you dont want your shit to rust

i have heard of people cleaning their glocks in the dishwasher though.

YOU CAN USE WATER...but you have to dry it and lube it once your done to prevent rust.

So you might as well just use the cleaning lube.

i figured water wasnt a very good idea....

the glock has one of those tube cleaner type of things with it...

i had some gun oil / lube for them, but i think i misplaced it.

im going to run and get some stuff to clean them i guess from academy or some shit in a lil bit, i need to pick up a new basketball to anyhow...

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Also dont over lube your gun!!! A light coat will do for cleaning, dab a couple of drops of lube and clean all the guck off. Then use a dry rag and wipe all that shit off, then dap and lube, then wipe again to get a light coat.

You gun should never look like you dumped it in a bucket of chicken.

gun1.jpg

my glock, see sneak, thats the little bristle thing it came with... another buddy of mine told me not to use ones like that though, unless it has some coating over the brass bristles so that you don't me up the inside of the barrels rifleing?

just got back from academy and i got:

-break free lube (the spray bottle kind) like pictured above sneak...

-wax treated gun cloth

-hoppe's 9 pistol cleaning kit which includes:

--hoppes 9 solvent, lubricating oil, patches, rod and accesories, aluminum cleaning rod

gun_revolver.jpg

my revolver.

question- the glock has some powder residue near the end of the barrel... and the revolver has some nastyness around the part that holds the bullets and spins (spindle maybe?) dont know the gun term for that, but what im asking is, i can tax the wax gun cloth, and what else to i need to clean the outside of my two guns?

and the solvent and the lube both are used inside the barrel correct, not on the outside??

You should not own a gun.

and whys that?

i realise theyre a big responsibility, and im not out "repping my hood" and carrying them around on me or anything...

i got them though for fun, and to protect the house. and after shooting them, it's tons of fun. good stress reliever as well.

not to mention the 2nd amendment homie! :)

1. do you even know how to take the glock apart?

2. you might want to keep one of those magazines unloaded, just keep a few in one of them for home defense. or you might wear out the spring.

3. i clean my guns more than i shoot them, at least just got get a "Gun Cleaning Kit".. you couldnt mess that up.. well this is tease we are talking about.

4. but seriously, clean them alot, after you shoot, if they sit around for a period of time, then clean them before you shoot.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
gun1.jpg

my glock, see sneak, thats the little bristle thing it came with... another buddy of mine told me not to use ones like that though, unless it has some coating over the brass bristles so that you don't me up the inside of the barrels rifleing?

just got back from academy and i got:

-break free lube (the spray bottle kind) like pictured above sneak...

-wax treated gun cloth

-hoppe's 9 pistol cleaning kit which includes:

--hoppes 9 solvent, lubricating oil, patches, rod and accesories, aluminum cleaning rod

uh what?

Your buddy said not to use the bore cleaner that came with your glock?

No my friend its for the gun...it cleans the gunk stuck in the rifling...and he is right you dont want to use it dry...just like a girl you want to lube before you penetrate or its not going to be good...use the bore cleaner to (remember in the direction the bullet travels) losen up the carbon and then get some patches (dry no lube) and run a couple trough the barrel to wipe off the carbon...then get some more and DAB some break free to give your barrel a light lube....remember a little goes a long way, you dont want to over lube.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
i got the hook up when it comes to cleaning my guns, ultra sonic cleaner, and a whole array of other cleaning gadgets.

Shut up :mad:

I hate you and your guns