recent graffiti movies

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

affiti-_gray.jpg

http://www.turntablelab.com review

One of the better graf videos I've seen come into the Lab during my time here. And when I say graf vid, I mean just that: straight-up, no-nonsense painting - not a documentary or indie-type film on graffiti. It's just real deal... expand review painters doing their thing and showing off their skills with great footage and flicks. The shit really hits home for me too, since a good amount of the writers featured are from the Bay (though there's graf featured from all over the U.S.). Check the fresh variety of bombing, freights, walls, transits, and LIVE painting from the likes of DIAR, SETUP, SABER, EVICT, SCAR, SELDEM, SEVER, DEMENT, REVOK, HAIKU, FEENK, DIESL, HUGE, JABER, REPAE, RICH, GONER, DJAE, KARMA, SAZE, JORO, TROUBLE, VERB, KING157, BIBLE, BEGR + BITER and many more. Lots of classic SF shit - throw-ups, tags, and fill-ins too. But the thing that sets this vid apart from a lot of graf vids I've seen is the stellar soundtrack. Whereas most videos have repetitive indie rap instrumentals throughout that put you to sleep, Affiti Gray features a refreshing variety of sounds - from sweet classic soul and funk (like Daptone and Motown), heavy reggae (like Jr. Gong w/ Nas), club rap (Camp Lo, MIMS, Lil Wayne, etc), crossover hits (Lily Allen), and of course that slumpy-ass Bay rap sprinkled throughout that keeps it moving from beginning to end! Great vibe throughout the whole thing. About 1 hr. long. Recommended. -snackmaster

Graffiti Instincts

State your name

Piece by piece

Graffiti.Hamburg

AREA 08

Commuter Madness

Moving Targets

Kings Destroy

Lady in Red

Oslo Alive

OVERDOZE

Pirates.

Dirty Handz

Stockholm Subway Stories

Railrun

Pure.Hate

Style Wars

Dope shit

I liked Piece by Piece a lot. Infamy is fucking good. State your Names cool for bombing footage. Affiti Gray is pretty dope shit. But outta all the ones I seen the best are Piece by Piece and Infamy. Piece by Piece is worth buying just for the extra footage, the actual documentary is like hour and half then theres like over 2 hours of extra shit that is basically like another movie in itself.

Stay away from all the fictional movies about graff like Bomb the System, the Graffiti writer (or whatever) and quality of life. Because they are all GAY AS FUCK!

snoop doggs hood of horrors - big posie one,she be killing em....

seriously thu me off rented the movie and didnt expect it to have a graffiti horror short in it...

I'll be renting it from work when I go back in...

Infamy

State your name

Piece by Piece

FUK. Graf

...and for the old school...

FORBIDDEN ART TWO

everyone keeps talking highly about infamy, a heads up --urban outfitters was carrying it. i think they bought so many from the distributors, that they over bought for some stores. now they have them on clearance. after the mark down and discount --i ended up paying $3.00 for it. they also had the run up (that upper playground movie) for the same price.

everyone keeps talking highly about infamy, a heads up --urban outfitters was carrying it. i think they bought so many from the distributors, that they over bought for some stores. now they have them on clearance. after the mark down and discount --i ended up paying $3.00 for it. they also had the run up (that upper playground movie) for the same price.

heading to the plaza now to check this out.

• 2 weeks later...