Temple Of Hip Hop registration form...

awkward eye

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread was a downer haha. sometimes you have to turn off the tv and just listen to whatever the fuck you like or liked in hip hop. like this son of ran cd ive had on repeat for about 2 hours haha. just sit down write something. color it maybe.

i mean think of someone doing this with like metal you know ?

it would say shit like . how many bat heads have you bitten off ?

when was the first time your fingers bled on your musical instrument ?

Nah , that's just small-time dudes that hit paydirt going mainstream on MTV2 , BET , Fuse , etc...just like every other genre of music these days . There will always be a pure form of a particular style of music , finding it is half the battle . ( 80's GIJOE anecdote for your old school pleasure ) :lol:

i wonder how afrika bambata and the zulu nation feel about this.

He tries to be Lord of everyone too much and his boy Caddy is an idiot and is too blind.. there was a little tension between zulus and these kidas that only put in work or show up whenever krs seems to come to town... a lot of fake folks. but from what i know, the "beef" if any, has been settled and they have joined to do that showing at the Smithsonian...

I personanlly have had bad experiences with temple kats and Caddy Krs ones assistant. but people arepeople, and not everyone is true about what they claim.

nuff said this will be passed on to someone..lol. peace

_Universal Zulu NAtion Member

you could say Hip-Hop is dead, when was the last time you saw someone breaking on Young Jeezy's videos? When someone says DJ i think of house. Graff has branched out and become something separate altogether. And what the fuck is a beatbox?

Nuh just playin, i hip-hop ain't dead, its just changed, everything changes...

graffiti was always something separate altogether and still is. it's just sad to see it going the shitty watered down direction it's gone in, just like hip hop has. for that matter you can say the same thing about punk. once main stream audiences have access to these underground subcultures they become cliché and lose their edge.

reminds me of this list from http://www.mcsweeneys.net/

Probable Sequels to Breakin' (1984) and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984).

BY WHITEY ECKERSON

- - - -

Breakin' 3: Poppin' 'N Lockin' All in Your Face!

Breakin' 4: Coin-Droppin' 'N Exploitin' Nonprofit Status

Breakin' 5: Structural and Foundational Building-Code Violations at Miracles

Breakin' 6: Top-Rockin' 'N Tax Evasion

Breakin' 7: Gettin' Help From the Mob

Breakin' 8: Turbo and the Mime Piss Off the Mob

Breakin' 9: Limbs

Breakin' 10: Kelly Suddenly Leaves the Country to "Pursue Her Dance Career"

Breakin' 11: Holes in the Ozone

Breakin' 12: We Had Better Enter the Witness Protection Program, Move to Somewhere in South America, and Start a New Community Center Down There Before We All Get Killed

Breakin' 13: Breaker's Dozen

Doesn't Breakin have the first appearance of Jean Claude Van Damme in any movie?

Now that definitely is more interesting than the subject of this thread.

Blame Dick Suckin Diddy for that.:D

Third Principle

Hiphop Kulture respects the Laws and agreements of its culture, its country, its institutions and whomever it does business with. Hiphop does not irresponsibly break Laws and commitments.

When I asked him, 'Nas I want you to speak at NASA,' he hung up the phone on me.

Shit smells mad fishy. Like CIA crack fishy.:lol:

Bump for Nas for hangin up on the boul.

Are you one of these "types"?

10. HipHop Revisionist:These are the folks that go on and on about the "good" old days...as if they were there. "Back in the days they did/didn't..." is usually one of their favorite sayings. Bling, Money, Violence...?it was all there. Kool DJ Herc even got stabbed at one of his own parties.

9. People that seperate "Rap" from "HipHop": "Mr. Lif is an MC, LiL Flip is only a rapper." These guys usally have a list of Rap/Hiphop artist, but no reason behind their choice. The ironic thing about these guys is, if they made a list of HipHop artist, and took a trip to the birthplace of HipHop, virtually no one will have heard of their "HipHop artist. They aren't bumping Sage in the Bronx

8. Mainstream Haters: These are the guys whining and crying about how radio and MTV is killing HipHop. What they don't seem to realize is that is HipHop would have never went mainstream(which it did in the 80's), it would have never made it out to their backwater ass town in the first place. I remebmber a time when there was NO HipHop on the radio, period. The only way that you heard new stuff was from cats on your block or a older cousin or something. Wanna know how i was introduced to HipHop? Through a HollyWood movie in 1984. I am not ashamed to say it, I also remember the first 5 HipHop songs on the radio. Plus, these nuts seem to be unaware of how easy it is to get a hold of there precious "underground" HipHop. Just type it into GOOGLE and poof, there it is.

7. Chicken Littles: These are the nuts running around talking about HipHop is dead. If you didn't start it, how can you kill it? I for one haven't listen to much HipHop lately, in fact post-1995 HipHop probably makes up about .5% of what i listen to on any given day. Does this mean that HipHop is dead? No, it means that I don't have much intrest in it, but it is alive and well. And will remain.

6. People Who Think Undergroud is a Style: Plain and simple, Jedi Mind Triocks is not "underground". Quannum may not be in Rap City, but best believe that they don't wanna be "underground"

5. White People:Just kidding. No really, I like you guys.

4. Poor Little Starving Artist: They yell, "we dont' do this for the money" turning up there nose at sellouts that don't have any love for the "culture" because they want to pay their bills with HipHop. It's easy to do it for the "love" when you used moms VISA to buy your MPC4000xL and go to shows in dads ML450. People that actually had to eat "free lunch" in grade school(like me) are less concerned with the "love" as we are with the light bill.

3. Purist: These are the funniest people on the planet. They think that people must imitate 1979 to even be considered "HipHop" I actually had a conversation with a guy in an AOL chat where the guy stated that since I no longer "Broke" That I was not HipHop, only a guy who listened to HipHop music. In the same breath he told me that hiphop music must contain samples(!) I asked him about the ROOTS and Organized Noize, he stated "the're alright, but I don't consider them HipHop"(!) This is an extreme case, but many folks out there feel this way.

2. Branch Dividians: These are the folks that treat HipHop like a cult, something seperate from everyday life. They think that HipHop is something that you have to pass test to qualify, has rules to follow. They usually dieify KRSone.(I call theese ones KRS-oneites) Yes I know KRS has contributed alot to this "culture" and he is a dope artist(I own everything between Criminal Minded and I Got Next) but he is not GOD. And he is not any more or less HipHop than you or I.

1. Historians: It's good that you know Kool Hercs middle name, and that you know the Kool Moe Dee/Busy Bee battle line for line, but this does not make you HipHop. A good friend and I were having a conversation about Islam. He said that there are Jewish scholars that know more about Islam than 90% of the Muslims worldwide. There are Christians and Athiest that know more than 90% of the Muslims, because they have studied. But this information does not make them Muslims, just someone who has a lot of knowledge about Islam. The same thing applies to HipHop. Information alone does make one "HipHop"

LOL! Whoever wrote this must be some salty ass dirty south type that's just pissed that nobody in the hip hop world likes his garbage. He made a good attempt at trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about... but no cigar homie.:lol:

You mean like back in the Beastie Boys era? Or the 3rd Base era? Hip Hop has always been multicultural since the begining. If you wern't around in the 80's then learn your history. Until then keep your racist mouth shut.

Sorry but Hip Hop was originally created by blacks, chiefly African-Americans and Carribbeans. The beat and the culture is rooted in African drum rhythms. It wasn't the same levels of "diversity" in the beginning as it is now. The Beastie Boys weren't part of the original pioneers. They came later. I'm just trying to set the record straight since people are always trying to dilute and take away cultural achievements attained by blacks.

It's like some of these Chicano rappers claiming Chicanos invented HipHop. Like this so-called Chicano rapper claiming Hip Hop didn't start in New York by blacks -- he claims Mexicans invented it. His reason behind this ludicrous claim is that Aztecs wrote "poetry." LOL! Every culture and race on earth has written poetry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2jLfafKRf8

^^^ Like Kid Frost...:lol:

And about the Beastie Boys..License To Ill was a sarcastic parody recored . But somewhere between the joke and the finished product they were hooked into the grasp of Hip Hop . Most people forget they started in 1980-1981 and were a hardcore punk band playing such venues as the Black Cat in D.C. with bands such as Reagen Youth and Bad Brains .

YO KRS IS BANANAS, BUT THATS BEEN ESTABLISHED. HOW MUCH YOU GET PAID AN HR AT THE TEMPLE OF HIPHOP? I NEED A JOB B.

I heard you get a .38 (no clips joe!) a bottle of Cristal (nasty ass shit) and $9.50 an hour (no bene's). Sad that Hip-hop is in the state that it's been in...Fuck it, a job's a job. After that then you rob! Verbal Intercourse paí!