Screenprinting posters ... questions

alkaline

Okay ... So I'm a bit curious about screenprinted posters and the process that goes into making them. I have a couple of posters from some shows I’ve gone to, and I really want to learn to make my own (not to sell or anything … I just have an overwhelming desire to learn new things).

So the question is … Does anybody here do their own screenprinting? If so, could you recommend a couple of books or websites that I should check out? I’m good at learning things on my own, so I don’t need somebody to take me by the hand and walk me through it, or anything, but I do need a good place to start. Thanks in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

W/out photo-emulsion...

- Draw your stupid idea onto the screen w/drawing fluid

- Let it dry

- Take enough screen filler to go across the screen

- Use the squeegee and pull it towards you covering the screen in filler

- Let it dry

- Then put ink on top of it the same fashion you did w/the filler

- Put the screen on your gay paper, shirt, ect

- Then once again pull the squeegee towards you

FOR FOREARMS OF STEEL GO TO www.space1026.com

you can also use hand cut film. is your design is simple enough. photo is quicker. handcut cheap and doesnt require as much equipment. i've been screening posters for awhile now. once you learn the basics its easy as hell. the best way i can think of learning is to find someone who screens stuff and have them show you the ropes. atleast thats how i learned.

audi

Archived