IMPORTANT WATCHMEN NEWS!

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Fuck you losers, while you fake jacks, I makes maneuvers

like Hitler, stickin up Jews with German Lugers

The Mister, Meth-Tical from Staten Isle

Will be back after this mess-age, don't touch tha dial

Rarely do you see an MC out for justice

Got my gun powder and my musket -- blaooow!!

Melons get swellin's, I paint mental pictures like Magellan

Half of my Clan's three deep felons

Niggaz best protect they joints for Nine-Nickel

Man I stay on point like ice icicles

Now who wanna test Tical, then touch Tical ?

All up in your motherfuckin mouth

Head banger boogie

Catch me on tour with Al Doogie

Method Man roll too tight, you can't pull me

Better take one and pass or that's that ass

Your vital statistics are low and fallin fast

Johnny Blaze out to get loot like Johnny Cash

Play a game of Russian Roulette and have a blast

In revolutionary times, when all ties of subordination are loosened, military discipline can only be restored by civil discipline sternly weighing upon the generals. As the Central Junta, from its incongruous complexion, never succeeded in controlling the generals, the generals always failed in controlling the soldiers, and to the end of the war the Spanish army never reached an average degree of discipline and subordination. This insubordination was kept up by the want of food, clothing, and all the other material requisites of an army — for the morale of an army, as Napoleon called it, depends altogether on its material condition. The Central Junta was unable regularly to provide for the army, because the poor poet Quintana’s manifestoes would not do in this instance, and to add coercion to their decrees they must have recurred to the same revolutionary measures which they had condemned in the provinces. Even the general enlistment without respect to privilege and exemptions, and the facility granted to al l Spaniards to obtain every grade in the army, was the work of the provincial juntas, and not of the Central Junta. If the defeats of the Spanish armies were thus produced by the counter-revolutionary incapacities of the Central Junta, these disasters in their turn still more depressed that Government, and by making it the object of popular contempt and suspicion, increased its dependence upon presumptuous but incapable military chiefs.

Watchmen

is a twelve-issue graphic novel written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons. Originally published by DC Comics as a monthly limited series from 1986 to 1987, it was later republished as a trade paperback. It was one of the first superhero comics to present itself as serious literature, and it also popularized the "graphic novel" format. Watchmen is the only graphic novel to win a Hugo Award, and is also the only graphic novel to appear on Time Magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present."

Watchmencovers.png

Watchmen is set in 1985, in an alternative history United States where costumed adventurers are real and the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (the Doomsday Clock is at five minutes to midnight). It tells the story of a group of past and present superheroes and the events surrounding the mysterious murder of one of their own. Watchmen depicts superheroes as real people who must confront ethical and personal issues, who struggle with neuroses and failings, and who - with one notable exception - lack anything recognizable as super powers. Watchmen's deconstruction of the conventional superhero archetype, combined with its innovative adaptation of cinematic techniques and heavy use of symbolism, multi-layered dialogue, and metafiction, has influenced both comics and film.

LEARN MORE:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

• 12 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only watched the first episode. I went into it thinking it was going to be a continuation of the original story so I was somewhat disappointed, but also surprised by how good it was. I need to watch episode 2 and see if it keeps my interest... I'm really bad with TV shows. I can barely watch anything lately. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...