i appreciate "job for a cowboy"

IRONHEAD

I guess im in the minority since i like trivium.

A really big plus about them though is that their songs are all really easy to play despite sounding complex, so people are easily impressed by it.

yeah, thats kind of why they suck, and it only sounds complex to people who don't really listen to metal. metal at its roots is a technical genre... playing punk rock with a couple tapping parts or a few standard chord progressions only sound complex (and thus get the horns) from people that don't understand what true metal, esp tech, is about...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech shit is awesome. Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Necrophagist, Sleep Terror... Great shit. The only thing is that listening to that shit makes me want to give up on guitar because I feel I'll never be that good... and yet at the same time it makes me just want to keep trying to possibly get that good.

But yeah, something I find funny about the whole Dethklok thing... is that there are actually people who believe that they're actually a real band. Good music, I'll agree with that, but not a real band... Heh, if only they were...

Oh, and what's your face from CoDC, I don't give a shit what you say over the internet. If you're going to make idle threats through text, you're a moron. I must say, the only time I actually liked your music... was when I was an angsty preteen in search of new music and you guys were the most brutal thing I'd heard. Now, I just lost interest in your music, and I listen to the likes of Rompeprop, Cock and Ball Torture, Ahumado Granujo, Bodies Lay Broken, Tu Carne, XXX Maniak, Prostitute Disfigurement... The funny thing is, your music got picked up quite a bit by so many scene kids. I'm not gonna say you guys suck, or that you guys aren't grind, or that you're all talentless hacks, or that you only appeal to a certain clique or crowd of people... I'm just saying that your music isn't something that I listen to any more. Now if you're still going to be a dick, I don't give a fuck... But if you're not, and you're actually willing to talk as a person, then that's just great, and that's what I'd prefer.

Oh, and what's your face from CoDC, I don't give a shit what you say over the internet. If you're going to make idle threats through text, you're a moron. I must say, the only time I actually liked your music... was when I was an angsty preteen in search of new music and you guys were the most brutal thing I'd heard. Now, I just lost interest in your music, and I listen to the likes of Rompeprop, Cock and Ball Torture, Ahumado Granujo, Bodies Lay Broken, Tu Carne, XXX Maniak, Prostitute Disfigurement... The funny thing is, your music got picked up quite a bit by so many scene kids. I'm not gonna say you guys suck, or that you guys aren't grind, or that you're all talentless hacks, or that you only appeal to a certain clique or crowd of people... I'm just saying that your music isn't something that I listen to any more. Now if you're still going to be a dick, I don't give a fuck... But if you're not, and you're actually willing to talk as a person, then that's just great, and that's what I'd prefer.

Good deal. We're not tryin to be the most brutal shit out there. We consider ourselves a grindy crust band, just so happens kids like to talk shit on us cause we don't play crazy tech shit with our fingers flying all over the fretboard, singing about shitting in dead girls vaginas and all that shit. We play fast punk and that's the way its always been, just stayin true to our punk roots.

Yeah, I understand that, man. For the most part, bands just play what they want to play regardless of what other people consider it or think of it. Then again, there are the bands that just play what's popular at the moment to gain some popularity... That's something I've thought about, though... I want to try to start a band to play a style of music that would get us popular, like emo or some shit... and then have concerts with people expecting that kinda shit and come out and blast their faces off with some metal shit. Haha.