UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I think Shamrock is going to kick Baronis arse.

That should be a good fight seeming as it is meant to have happened over a year ago.

bro no way shamrock is done

baroni is a rough customer and from ny so you know hes got my support...

15459.jpg

27422.jpg

27423.jpg

any body see that wack tapout show????????????

Cotto killed judah too

bro no way shamrock is done

baroni is a rough customer and from ny so you know hes got my support...

15459.jpg

27422.jpg

27423.jpg

any body see that wack tapout show????????????

Cotto killed judah too

son ive seen you give IOD support so your choice in who your backing from NY is a bit suspect!

http://vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1897

I personally feel it is alot different now. Rampage is fighting the best he has for along time. And on that Baroni fight, I mean he is a street scrapper, but just because he is from New Yorl doesn't mean he is not going to win(as Gliko said). I am probably giving the fight to the little shamrock but i am drunk so who cares.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Penn can keep that kind of intensity. If he goes up to -70 in the same kind of shape he was in at -55 he is going to do really well. Possibly be back on top of a really stacked weight class. But his work ethic has always been a bit lax. I'm surprised they squashed it so quickly.... Pulver gets chocked out, and is like " Let's be friends. Can I train with you?" I'm all for being curtious to other fighters, but a week ago you hated each other. Kind of strange.

Anyone peep the Vitor Belfort professional boxing debut? Knocked dude out in first round. Pretty much just fought the fight like and mma match without going to the ground.

this????????????

and tabloid yeah i can see what your saying but

from my view jens knew and has known that BJ is better but was just getting no respect so he was pissed and getting choked is like freedom to be like aight bro lets be cool

Karo Parisyan has a dope style with actual form. Dude was kinda garbage at first but he improved his stand-up and his judo throw submissions are crazy.

the guy only has 3 losses. 1 to Sherk, 1 to St.Pierre and a questionable loss to Sanchez. He is one of those fighters that kind of blew it when his star was on the rise and had to start all over again. It's unfortunate too, because I think his style presents a problem to a lot of the wrestlers at -70.

So after a week of fucking off and gaining some wieght that i just took off I decided the summer time is a great time to start training. Here's what yesterday's workout consisted of. I decided to take it easy but as I progress I'll add on and take some routines out.

1 hour weights chest and triceps

1 hour of cardio and 20 of that skipping rope

10 min of quick plyometrics drills

Another hour of bag work, weighted focus pad work, take downs (defense), and some light sparring from a clench position.......

When I trained a couple years ago my routine was a lot heavier but if you guys got any serious suggestions on what to add or what to take off I'm here to listen.

UFC 73

Middleweight championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Nathan Marquardt[1]

Lightweight championship bout: Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca[1]

Light heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans[1]

Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Heath Herring[2]

Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Alvin Robinson[3]

So after a week of fucking off and gaining some wieght that i just took off I decided the summer time is a great time to start training. Here's what yesterday's workout consisted of. I decided to take it easy but as I progress I'll add on and take some routines out.

1 hour weights chest and triceps

1 hour of cardio and 20 of that skipping rope

10 min of quick plyometrics drills

Another hour of bag work, weighted focus pad work, take downs (defense), and some light sparring from a clench position.......

When I trained a couple years ago my routine was a lot heavier but if you guys got any serious suggestions on what to add or what to take off I'm here to listen.

couple of questions......

is this a split session? AM/PM?

When you say clinch, are you training MT clinch or grecco clinch?

Weighted focus mitts? The weight vest or are you wearing wrist weights? If it's wrist weights I would strongly suggest not doing that. If you want to shadow w/ 2lbers... then whatever, but mitts should be done with gloves. It's a timing drill, not a strength drill. Also, are you training 3 or 5 min rounds?

Oh, yeah... 1 hour for Chest and Tri seems a bit long.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_73

Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian def. Alvin Robinson by submission due to strikes at 4:30 of the first round. It was however officially announced as a TKO.

Middleweight championship bout: Anderson Silva def. Nathan Marquardt by technical knockout at 4:54 of the first round.

Light heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans fought to a draw after three rounds.

Lightweight championship bout: Sean Sherk def. Hermes Franca by unanimous decision after five rounds.

Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira def. Heath Herring by unanimous decision after three rounds.

Sum were good fights..But Tito Ortiz fight sucked a fat one..He couldnt take dude down for shit..He kept tryin all throughout the fight..I was down with dude cause he represents but, after his "show" tonite..Bye bye Tito...

Ama go back and kill the rest of my beer...Peace...

Edit**

After UFC 72..

Immediatly after the main event it was announced by UFC match maker Joe Silva that Rich Franklin would fight the winner of UFC 73's Middleweight title fight..

Anderson Silva kicks ass..Rich Franklin is gone catch a hot one...AGAIN..

ufc 73 was fairly entertaining...

Silva is a maniac.

Sean sherk is a maniac

Seeing Nogueira get cracked in the head like that, then managing to get through the rest of the rounds was pretty fun to watch. But I think he'll have to step his game up a bit after this fight though... he didn't look nearly as impressive as he has in the past.

Tito is a douche.

What's everybody's opinions on St Pierre vs Koscheck at 74?

Hopefully gsp can recover from his last performance... I would probably give up on mma in general if I saw him lose Koscheck. Koscheck is easily the biggest homo to ever wear shorts.