Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blaise Pascal

UFC & MMA thread

good card all around, it was worth paying for. Cain's got that killer calm, kinda like Fedor. He's not going away anytime soon. And that Cro Cop fight was brutal, dude didn't stand a chance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

cain is getting better each time he fights.

still is not a top heavyweight.

depending on what you consider top heavyweights.

if you consider shane carwin a top heavyweight, then you probably consider cain a top hw.

im looking foward to ufc 111.

mir over carwin via submission

gsp over hardy via decision (cause dude cant finish anyone with those hands)

alves over fitch via TKO

saunders over the nobody.

nate diaz over markham via submission.

I would consider Cain a top heavyweight, but I mean that more like top-10 status. Plus in the contender pecking-order he's next in line for the title shot after Mir/Carwin. I'd like to see him fight Dos Santos.

I agree that Mir is going to beat Carwin. I'm thinking KO, based on their most recent fights. UFC 111 will be good, and there are some decent free cards coming up before that.

yea, its about time they got good cards, was worried for a minute.

p.s. its funny no one mentioned thekimbo fight. LOLLL dudes a washed up has been b4 he even made it.

Fedor is good, but you can only call him a fave when youre refering to ufc top 5's. You talk about mma top 5 thats diff.

right now im thinkin

Anderson Silva

GSP

Bj Penn

Machida

and Fedor for over there

And that Cro Cop fight was brutal, dude didn't stand a chance.

Cro Cop was looking awesome. He really looked bigger then I remembered and really was clam through the whole fight.

Cro Cop is goig to dominate in UFC

Guest T14K

uh no he's not. he's already been dominated in the ufc. he did look good though, and i hope it continues.

...was going to say, that fight probably saved cro cops career...

last card was a good one, bisping did suprisingly well against wanerlai, who also probably had a career saving victory, bader probably ended jardines career unless rashad can save em, and that george stepododoplolos dude is quickly turning into someone I will look forward to watching

...fucked up to see big nog take another k.o (dudes only 33!?!?!!) but cain is serious!!

mir is one big idoit, taking about killing lesnar and breaking his neck. He is totally a head job! Whats so funny is that UFC made him apologizes! Can't wait to see carwin take his ass to the mat and pound his face again to ground beef!

you wont see that because carwin is garbage.

hes never fought anyone.

mir is a beast. especially now hes fuckin big.

throw any heavyweight at brock and he's going to destroy them.

i would love to see fedor come over and get his ass whooped.

as long as brock doesnt stand with fedor hes gonna win.

hes way too strong and heavy.

wrestling > any other discipline.

Wrestling seems like the best base for MMA, but Lesnar still hasn't proven himself as far as I'm concerned. He couldn't finish Herring, Couture gave him a run for his money with a 40+ lb size and a fat reach disadvantage (not to mention age), and Lesnar beat an overconfident, much smaller Mir, after losing to him previously. If Brock wins his next two fights I'll believe he's the real deal. He is improving though.

I would love to see Mir beat Lesner, thwe thing is, he got a good piece of him at a lower weight. He realizes he has to get his weight up to dominate. So thats what hes doing. Lesner's not invincible, hes a big meat head who can wrestle. No one is unsubmitable.

• Like 1

you'll believe he's the real deal?

homie he is the motherfucking heavyweight CHAMPION.

not kimbo.

he DESTROYED herring. he HUMILIATED mir.

he beat mir's ass TWICE, only the first fight he left himself open for that knee bar.

he is not invincible, but he is the best wrestler in mma and that alone will suffice until he gets hands.

idk how anyone is gonna knock him out, his neck is so big you cant rock him in the jaw.

and why is it brock's problem that he's so big? you guys say that like its cheating.

dude fights at 285-290 and moves like hes 185.

Obviously people's personal feelings about fighters influence their assessment of their skills. But I guess that's the fun of yapping about it on a forum. In a way I wish the fights themselves didn't take so much out of the fighters as far as recovery time before the next fight. Then you could have a round robin type tournament with Mir, Lesnar, Carwin, Fedor, Velasquez, etc. banging the bejesus out of each other in one night instead of waiting so long for a particular matchup that the dudes' careers are in a different way by the time they meet (Liddell-Silva, Couture-Coleman, etc.).

you'll believe he's the real deal?

homie he is the motherfucking heavyweight CHAMPION.

not kimbo.

he DESTROYED herring. he HUMILIATED mir.

he beat mir's ass TWICE, only the first fight he left himself open for that knee bar.

he is not invincible, but he is the best wrestler in mma and that alone will suffice until he gets hands.

idk how anyone is gonna knock him out, his neck is so big you cant rock him in the jaw.

and why is it brock's problem that he's so big? you guys say that like its cheating.

dude fights at 285-290 and moves like hes 185.

Dana White damn near handed him the belt. He beat old-ass Couture who might as well have been (and now is) a light heavyweight, to become champion. Then he beat Frank Mir, which was definitely impressive. We'll see how their next fight turns out with Frank fighting at 280+.

Being big isn't a 'problem', but it doesn't make his win over Couture as impressive.

Lesnar's doing well, but as far as his resume (yes I've watched his fights) goes I don't get why anyone thinks he's so much better than guys like Fedor, Cain, Brett Rogers, Dos Santos, Josh Barnett, even Carwin (although I think Carwin is over-hyped.) Dude's only had 5 fights, and lost 1 of those.

This is all just message board talk anyway, we'll see what happens.

so mir said he wants to break lesnar's neck and he hopes he's the first fighter to ever die in the octagon. aaaaand the media lost they fuckin mind.

thoughts?